Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] 5 Speed Conversion and Heads

vssk8r

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
Hey mate just wondering on the conversion, i have a vs commodore, do you have everything to fit it to a vs?

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
yeah mate everything is here to convert an auto to a manual.

PM Sent also

bt1jd

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive bt1
Is this conversion still for sale if so I'll buy it if it's complete for a vs been looking for ages for a conversion

bandit10

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Quick question for you, how is this ment to fit to anything other than a VN series one?
The Fly wheel for a VN series 1 is 6 bolt, like the one you have pictured.
VN series II all the way up to VS need a 8 bolt flywheel, that conversion thing you have pictured there only has 6 holes in it so will only fit a VN series 1.

The VN series 1 motor had 2 different cranks, one for auto and one for manual, that conversion plate you have there is to make the 6 bolt series 1 flywheel fit the crank in a series 1 automatic VN engine.

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
I think you will find that the flywheel is from a VN S1 that adapter allows it to fit VN S2 onwards to the ecotec engine in any case if you have any issues the adapter simply bolts on/off

bandit10

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
that adapter allows you to fit a manual VN s1 flywheel to a auto s1 crank!
The vn s2 to VS has a 8 bolt crank and requiers a 8 bolt flywheel, that adapter will only bolt to a 6 bolt crank, it only has 6 holes in it, to fit VN s2 onwards it would need 8 bolt holes to fit the 8 bolt cranks fitted VN s2 onwards.

Not trying to wreck your thread mate but what your selling wont fit ecotec or VN s2 onwards unless you buy a 8 bolt flywheel.

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Tomorrow when I'm at an actual PC as I'm on my phone at the moment ill send you the link to the thread I got the flywheel from the converter is from CRS and IS designed to fit an 8 bolt crank however yes only 6 bolts are used.

Hell I'm going to go to my mates and bolt it to an ecotec and take a photo. In any case ill offer a no questions money back whatever if the flywheel doesn't fit.

bandit10

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
pics of it bolted properly to a ecotec crank would be great thanks.

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Sorry I havn't been on for a while I havn't had much web access. I can't seem to get ahold of an ecotec to dummy the flywheel adapter up to so instead i'm going to get an adapter for a series one flywheel to suit the 8 bolt pattern,

Please note that the below is the thread and user fromw hich I purchased the manual conversion. You will find im selling it for the same price except that I am including extra parts. it never came with a starter moter not even one, nor a computer chip.

This is the reason I believe the flywheel will suit other models. however V6 crank info thread has some interesting information.

https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/v6-crankshaft-info.63206

in any case if I cant get an ecotec to match it on i'll purchase yet another adpater.

Originally Posted by westbad
Got full conversion kit for VN to VS V6
Borg warner T5 gear box, Bell housing, Tail shaft, Floor plate, Center console, Pedal box, Clutch cable, Clutch plate, Pressure plate, Thrust bearing, Fly wheel.

Everything needed to convert a auto to manual.

Will fit VN series 1 all the way up to VS, Can supply it with a 6 bolt flywheel to fit VN series 1 or with the Flywheel and a Castlemaine rod shop conversion plate for $100 extra to make it fit VN series 2, VP, VR or VS. The plate cost $300 from CRS.

$500 for full conversion kit
or $600 with CRS conversion plate to fit VP VR VS

Or alternatively to the conversion plate you can try and find a rare 8 bolt VP-VR-VS flywheel if you want this to fit VP VR VS
Located near seymour VIC

from the thread (About half way down in a quote)

https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/full-5-speed-conversion-v6-t5.108904

turbo_vp_v6

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp 3.8
still got it.
be good for my vp