Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

5sp vs ute!! first car :D

MADDNE33

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 vs ute series 3
yo vs-spack-ute, ive read your build before and ute looks realy tough ,on those springs.

are they sl front and ssl back? and also r they just springs replaced and not shocks??

cheers man

MADDNE33

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 vs ute series 3
thats would half 2 be the cleanst white ute i have ever seen man wil look good dumped

thnx mate, people always complement the paint job on first view of the ute, cant wait to dump her haha :)

VS-S-PACK-UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Ute
yo vs-spack-ute, ive read your build before and ute looks realy tough ,on those springs.

are they sl front and ssl back? and also r they just springs replaced and not shocks??

cheers man

hey mate, in them picks its hard to say coz i have kings in the back SSL's n the front were pedders, i have since replaced with SSL's in the front and it dropped another 5 or so mm, thats all. yeah mate i didnt replace the shocks, but i have noticed that they bare the monroe symbol on the rear ones so they may have been replaced by the previous owner. as to if they are heavy duty or standard or shorter i do not know. cheers mate, will look nice once its lowered.

VS-S-PACK-UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Ute
hey mate, yeah i replaced mine with an adjustable one, only cost like 120 or sumthin by memory. coz i have 235's on the rear, the right hand side outer tyre was rubbing the outer edge of the guard and the left side was scrubbin the innards. also u'll have 2 either cut or replace ur bumpstops coz they will be resting on ur diff otherwise. i just cut mine down to suit.

MADDNE33

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 vs ute series 3
not sure mate, its just a biuld ive seeen on street commodores.

sadly i backed my car into a wall the other day :(

007-1.jpg

how much i recon to be beated??

MADDNE33

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 vs ute series 3
geez im realy stuck know, ive been advised by a few people not to go ultra lows in the back and just go super lows, they recon the trye will rub when i get my 18's. also i will be carriying a bit of weight from work as im a floor and wall tilling apprentace. im going to go for the shortend shocks at the same time as new springs

help plz guys :(