Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

A Question of love

mitchyp

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VRII V6 Executive 5 speed
Hey guys,

i have come across a rather odd thought when i was washing the VR the other day... now i have owned a few cars of all types, 12 to be exact, im a car nut, live and breath them, but for some reason im starting to feel this sense of 'paranoia' when it comes to the question of even owning a car these days, i cant enjoy them as much anymore because its become a spy game everytime i drive her ... "Whats that rattle !?"... " oh F**k it, another scratch!", i guess the question (s) is do you all worry like this ?, i guess maybe its all about the love for our cars right, they will probally never be perfect, hell even new cars are recalled all the time, its all about fixing them up into our own obessions??. Fair game this post might just a case of the Mondays and im talking gobblygook but im just wondering what other car enthusiasts opinions are on the subject ... How much do you love your car, or how much does it love you ? :)

cheers

Last edited:

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
mine is tempermental, one day its fine next day it has a mood swing. i just keep being nice and its generally good to me. kinda like my GF really.... its let me down twice, once at a very busy intersection in peakhour on my way to tradeschool (alternator b+ wire burnt out) and the other time i was leaving a drag meet (legal) and the ignition barrel gave way. so embarassing having the raa called out and there are car nuts everywhere, i dont know how many times i heard "buy a ford!" that day.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Yeah im a bit like that, I get annoyed at mum when she drives my car and parks it in the wrong spot (theres a certain spot i HAVE to have my car in). Wait, i get annoyed when she drives my car full stop.

My car usually treats me well, however lately things have been going a little wrong, i said i was saving for a new car and i think she got jealous. So things have been breaking, mind you only little things but...everythings big when you havent got a job.

VLDavo

Reaction score
Members Ride
lc torana. vn v8. ke30.mazda 1300.
lol i think up so many things that i wanna do to my car...... then when i get around to it i see something else that needs to be done ... then anothering isnt clean enuff...... then another thing that could be painted or polished lol...... then i get depressed because it will never be perfect lol... every new little scratch or stone chips just makes me feel bad lol

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
I love my car to bits!! I get quite upset if I discovered a new small scratch or a stone chip and usually don't sleep well that night.
I always take time to drive around looking for a good parking spot where I think its safe.

My car have never let me down or broke down in the middle of nowhere but little problems do arrive from time to time but thats just life.

When I give her a beating the next day she's not usually nice and can sometimes go like a pig! But then the day after, she goes ok.

Emackulation

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 HSV VP GTS
Yeah, im pretty paranoid about scratches and when rocks fly up and hit the windscreen I will often cuss at the truck driver! Im caution when it comes to parking, but not ridiculously over the top. I scrape the front bar from time to time, its my bad so i don't get too angry.

XTC16

Certified Wise
Reaction score
Members Ride
Foot Falcon
When your a perfectionist like myself, you are NEVER truely happy with a car ...

Stretchomatic

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
86 VL Berlina M5
haha i was always a bit paranoid with my car, always picking the right spot or freaking out when the only spot was near a 4wd...then i put 20's on and now i wont go anywhere near a gutter, two feet away is too close lol, most bumps get the slow treatment aswell.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
:rofl: ok I think you guys have issues.... (not just you but men in particular)

thats what my missus says about me:embarrass:yeah: