Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ABS module

B

BrettL

Hey ive just started experiencing the exact same poblems with all these dash lights. Can someone please tell me where exactly on the car i will find the abs module? Need to have a look see.

Thanks.

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
have a look at the photo at the start of this thread

B

BrettL

Thanks but im new to this site, cant seem to see a photo. Is there something i need to click on? Thanks for assistance.

Dave T

Dave T
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman S
The easiest way to check if its the ABS module is have the car running when all the warning lights come on unplug the ABS connector & see if the oil pressure light goes out, if it does the abs module is faulty.
To replace it you need to undo the two 13mm nuts holding the module/pump assy in & lift it up, undo the small two pin connector on the lower front edge, undo the six torx bit screws holding the module to the pump.
fit the new module in the reverse order.

Cheers Rob

The inboard stud on the unit may need to be turned to line up the flats with the slot.
I got a reconditioned unit from Wollongong Auto Supplies. It was reconditioned by Automotive Electronic Components out of Melbourne. Cost around $300.

Dave T

Nimzee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
Hi Gopher, I disconnected mine as the thermo fans were on constantly, I drove around like this for months, the only down side is the ABS doesnt work, so I guess if you had a crash and the insurance guy picked up that it was disconnected they may not pay out, so thats the risk.

The other downside was that the cruise control wasnt working either, yep you get all the pretty lights on the dash too, get it replaced as soon as you can, I got mine done a few years back (reconditioned unit)and have had no problem since. I see this has been a problem for you for a while now looking back at your posts from 2005.

Good Luck.

fitz_vt

Pass Me A Wrench.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore SII Olympic Edition
What exactly is involved in checking & changing an ABS module on a VT V6?

i have done a search on here & it would appear i might have a faulty ABSmodule.
the warning lights that are coming on are ABS,engine, traction control,airbag & oil pressure.
whilst it is very colourful with all the red & orange lights not to mention musical as every light seems to have its own different chime lol. i don't think it is good & probably should be fixed.

is it ok to keep driving until it is fixed?

can the module be disconnected until it is replaced?

thanks

YOU MAY NEED TO GO TO HOLDEN TO HAVE IT REPLACED depending on if your condifent and have the right tools
this module cannot be disconnected as it runs your brakes....., mine was fault and was removed before i brought it. your ABS module can be replaced. what you need to do is to unscrew the brake lines making sure that you dont get brake fluid all over the place (if you do then immediatly wash down the area affected with some soapy water (the soap difuses the brake fluid)) Remove the wiring harness and unscrew the unit from its holder, replace the old unit with a new unit, making sure to align everything otherwise you will stress you brake lines and may cause brake failure after reconnecting the unit place your vehicle on level ground and bleed the brake system to ensure you have no air in the system that could cause potential brake disbalance and may lead to brake failure or excessive brake pad wear.

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
I see this has been a problem for you for a while now looking back at your posts from 2005.

not really
problem started Nov 2005 i replaced it in Dec 2005 sold the car in March 2006.

so it wasn't really that big a problem but thanks anyway:thumbsup:

fitz_vt

Pass Me A Wrench.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore SII Olympic Edition
not really
problem started Nov 2005 i replaced it in Dec 2005 sold the car in March 2006.

so it wasn't really that big a problem but thanks anyway:thumbsup:

lol sorry it came up in the recent threads and i didnt really read the thread... whoops will look at dates next time lol.....