Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Adventra was a failure? So why was the Volvo XC90 a "success"?

routier1642

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 Adventra LX6
If it was a v8 a tune would help , for a v6 thou waste of money .

For a v6 new air filter , oil change , spark plugs etc , maaaybe a new exhaust to flow a little better but dont expect a rocket ship out of it

Are you speaking from experience about the tune?

The V8 does benefit more from a tune for sure, but once my V6 Adventra was tuned, I noticed better acceleration and power all round.
No rocketship (well, maybe a lead-laden rocketship - it goes fast once it gets really rolling), but the biggest difference was over 90 km/h where on a stock Adventra 6, the acceleration was terrible.
It made overtaking a bit of a crap roll. After the tune, no worries - it just keeps accelerating more and more and gets hard to slow down!

I echo the other advice about early oil changes.
I do my oil and filter every 5,000 km. Oil is cheap compared to engines.

routier1642

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 Adventra LX6
Had my LX6 for 5 weeks and I'm still spinning out about it ! Been out on forrest trails in the wet , burned around the city and I love it ! Everything about it . I think I've let my man behind the wheel maybe um two times ! Actually I'm quite obsessed and have been trawling through the forum to see what mods are possible . Not that I need the validation but nice to know that others 'get it' .

The LX6 is the one to get.
Love the leather and the sun roof.

Clutchess

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LX6 Adventra
Leather , sunroof And subwoofer !
I had it serviced , mech said all good . Would he have changed the oil and filter ? I read that I should check the transfer cases and diff oil .. Would he check them ? Are there 'better' spark plugs I can get ?
Yeah it's not a rocket ship , but it's my version of last centuries Oldsmobile Rocket 88 ! As someone said -' it may not be the fastest of the lights , but she overtakes like Phar Lap'
Want an lx8 too .... Then I could keep Betty (Cyborg Betty ) for the future . Her last owner was infatuated with the car too . He had a scrapbook of every article and pic he could find ! The LX's are superior ..

ozNick

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina 3.0 Auto
I had it serviced , mech said all good . Would he have changed the oil and filter ? I read that I should check the transfer cases and diff oil .. Would he check them ? Are there 'better' spark plugs I can get ?

You can check the oil filter by removing the oil filter cap and checking (if you're mechanically minded) or ask your mechanic.

Transfer case - definitely needs to be checked. Recommend flushing it as it will be filthy. The oil used is very important. This is often overlooked by mechanics as there is no service interval defined.

If you want to elaborate we should start a new thread.

Nick

XUV

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV XUV & Raised Cross 8 Trayback
A diesel twin turbo version remains my Pipedream.... If only....

wonder if you could drop the 3.0 td out of the last Rodeo's , coz they had the 3.6 v6 in them,.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
wonder if you could drop the 3.0 td out of the last Rodeo's , coz they had the 3.6 v6 in them,.

Interesting thought.... What box did they have behind them??? Or just grab the whole thing and somehow mate it to the front/rear diffs of the Adventra...

routier1642

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 Adventra LX6
Interesting thought.... What box did they have behind them??? Or just grab the whole thing and somehow mate it to the front/rear diffs of the Adventra...

That IS an interesting thought.
But would the ECU cope?
I suspect ABS and ESP and Traction Control would be out of whack or absent.

But what a thought....

routier1642

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 Adventra LX6
Since there seem to be a few Adventra enthusiasts on here, I will mention that I'v just posted the latest version of my DasCommand dashboard for the V6 Adventra.
This is the first RHD version, and I'm pretty happy with it.

If you don't run DashCommand, consider it.
It tells you so much about what is going on with your car, and you can design your own dashboards!

Latest version of my dashboard:

Dashboard Details - DashXL.net

XUV

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV XUV & Raised Cross 8 Trayback

my thinking is to mount the diesel to the existing 5 speed auto of the 3.6 v6,
seeing the rodeo ran the 3.6 with a 4 speed auto , that i guess was the same 4 speed behind the diesel, so there'd be an adaptor.

routier1642

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 Adventra LX6
It's funny, I just read a 2003 review of the Adventra, and they said - needs a diesel!

Shame Holden wasn't listening...