Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Advice needed or if in Melb and can can help me il pay you. Buzzing noise

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
Remote wire is the thin blue one. Find where that connects to or ask whoever did it for you as that could be the problem of the whine. I connected mine to a power socket and it didn't whine but that was for a sub so not sure but find out anyway.

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
No worries mate, always happy to help a brother out :spot on:

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
A remote wire shouldn't cause whine. It's simple 12v which turns on a relay, transistor or IC which turns the amplifier on, it is not connected to the audio circuitry at all. I've been installing for years and never come across that.

Homer... Since you know very little about your stereo or stereos in general, you really should take it to an audio store. Which side of the city are you on? We can recommend a well regarded installer that won't tell you whine is normal.

Woollie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SERIES 2
I had the same issue with my car which has the IQ system. It ended up being the rca plugs not being a tight enough fit at the headunit end. Maybe check them also.

bagged

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 series 2
Ve 2's can cause this problem with amps. I swapped mine and it got alot better and now its slowly getting worse, only with the headlights on though is it noticeable