Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Advice Needed!

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
Depends on what the insurance company says.
Mate had his VS hit in the front end and the guard, bonnet, bumper bar, door and radiator support bar were all damaged. Only had 3rd party but that doesnt mean anything, lady that hit him was at fault and he got it repaired.

Supposibly if it has 5 panels damaged it's a write off..
Also the sill needs to be straight to be road worthy and the b pillar as well I would suspect.

You might get lucky and have the garbage truck company repair it with their insurance.

codfishface

Reaction score
Members Ride
85 VK SL - 79 VB 253
Ouch!

/note to self

Don't **** with Garbage Trucks!

MkyHnly

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC SL/E 253 Project - BMW 328i Coupe Daily
Hey guys, heres some more pictures of the B pillar as requested. I have also included a picture that follows the line of the roof, and it shows the buckle of it above the B pillar. Hope this helps you.

It was a very clean car, I got it from the first owner, an old lady, and it was garaged its whole life. Such a shame that I only had it for a few months before this happened.

The truck company claimed full responsibility, and they have full comprehensive insurance (thank God!) Does anyone know how much the VC's are worth... if I were to get a pay out?

Cheers

IMG_0070.jpg

IMG_0065.jpg

IMG_0064.jpg

calais24/7

Mucca Mad Boys
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais II 5L, 98 rodeo v6
**** man, was the person that was supervising you ok? If it is a write off i would buy it back, get two new doors from wreckers or classifieds. I'm not so sure on the B pillar dint though, maybe it would be best to get a quote for that and the roof first before you buy it back. From what i can see in the pic the roof looks repairable. Good luck

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride

MkyHnly

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC SL/E 253 Project - BMW 328i Coupe Daily
The supervising driver had shoulder issues... as the truck pretty much hit him. Myself and my brother (who was in the back seat) were fine. Wasnt a good start to the morning (it happened at like 7.50).

I would like to buy it back, it is my first car and really enjoy driving it.

Red Book says between 800 - 1500, what price would the insurance company pay out then? Would they go for the smaller price or the larger one?

Cheers

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
I think they'll go 1500.
I think you will be lucky to get it repaired.
Wouldnt be worth to buy back mate.

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Probably look for another car. Start saving. Hope for luck to get a repair on the beautiful VC.