Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Advice on Refund

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Take it to social media. Name and shame and get everyone to share.

This is actually not a silly idea , I'm sure there will be more than just one dis-satisfied customer , put it out there see what happens ,
as an aside the problem you had with your LG TV Jecs, is why I brought a Sony , sorry mate . :hiding:

P plater

the immortal misguided one
Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 Ford Falcon Futura wagon/ 1994 VR Exec wagon
:devil:A few Molotov cocktails would also help, but in no way will I condone such actions :devil:

Cooper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Redline Wagon
Seems like what you have done so far hasn't worked. I reckon the social media avenue is the right one. Start a page, make a post etc naming and shaming. Share it and get it out to as many people as possible.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Complaining to companies FB pages sometimes gets results. Sometimes.

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
i called him yesterday. he was rude and arrogant to me. i asked him what was with the tone. he arks up and says im trying to take him to the cleaners. what..the..hell??

hes refusing to help me anymore with LG. and said i need to pick up my TV to which i replied until the dispute is finished or you hand me a refund the TV will stay there. he said hes going to leave it out front and if it gets stolen its not his fault. was a bit jaw dropped at that response.

i have no interest in picking the TV up. itll cost me fuel and i have a bad feeling ill reach over the desk and cave his head in.

he also refuses to contact LG, and have them tell him the date he ordered that part number. which would settle everything. so unless LG do something to help me out, i feel ive exhausted all my avenues and i get f**ked over.

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
I'd go and pick up the TV, then promptly hurl it through his front windows.

Blame on the guys he said would steal it.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I empathise with how you feel Jecs.....the guy is clearly a complete a$$hole. I would be inclined to pick up the TV and move on. The longer it goes on, the more emotionally invested you will become and the more it will negatively impact you.

Does it suck that this guy has got away with ripping you (and no doubt others) off ? Absolutely.

Does it suck that the "legal protections" that we as consumers have are pretty much a toothless tiger ? Absolutely

Is it really worth continuing to pursue given the $ value and lack of help from LG and fair trading ? Probably not. It has probably already cost you more than it's worth.

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
I empathise with how you feel Jecs.....the guy is clearly a complete a$$hole. I would be inclined to pick up the TV and move on. The longer it goes on, the more emotionally invested you will become and the more it will negatively impact you.

Does it suck that this guy has got away with ripping you (and no doubt others) off ? Absolutely.

Does it suck that the "legal protections" that we as consumers have are pretty much a toothless tiger ? Absolutely

Is it really worth continuing to pursue given the $ value and lack of help from LG and fair trading ? Probably not. It has probably already cost you more than it's worth.

Have to agree with VS on this one, it's going to tear you up inside chasing this, it's more drama than it's worth mate.