Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Air Bag Reset

rebecca22

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
If everything is working normally (ie no SRS faults) and i remove the cluster and drive the car for a couple of weeks and then reconnect it. Will that give me an SRS fault?

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
thus why I asked what state your in as I may be able to help

Once an SRS fault is logged they have to stay permanant and disable all SRS items.

Its like that on ALL cars these days. As I said, its a way to force you to have the issue looked at, for instance with Tech 2 it will tell you whats caused the fault before your able to reset it.

bigdaddycool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS SILVER SEDAN
scan tool doesn't display and DTC's in VCM Suite? .... if so clear them but I doubt off hand it does log the SRS faults in the ecu.

They probably get stored in the BCM ........ try turning on the ignition, then with the key set to on.......... unplug the battery for 60 mins........ from what i've heard it may reset the bcm.

Just an idea, otherwise some sort of scan tool? .....

Cheers

rebecca22

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
No Scan tool and VMC don't clear the code. Must be in the BCM. If the local mechanic can do it do they have a special tool?

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
scan tool doesn't display and DTC's in VCM Suite? .... if so clear them but I doubt off hand it does log the SRS faults in the ecu.

They probably get stored in the BCM ........ try turning on the ignition, then with the key set to on.......... unplug the battery for 60 mins........ from what i've heard it may reset the bcm.

Just an idea, otherwise some sort of scan tool? .....

Cheers

no it wont, and i wouldnt do that, mainly because you could spike control modules doing that, same thing goes for if you disconnect the battery when the engines running

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
the SRS code will be logged in the SRS module ( funny bout that)
the cluster will also have logged that there is a fault in the SRS & the BCM will have logged faults in the SRS & INST

go to someone with a Tech 2

MICKY.D

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
mike not impressed

I got an SRS air bag fault fault on weekend, Not happy jan :cry: !!!!!!!

Took in to Holden, plugged in tech 2, guys said he cant erase the fault, and require the car for a day. he said its the passenger side airbag :bang:

Cheers :thumbsup:
Micky.D
YT

Burto89

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ S-Pack Ute
I rang my local holden dealer and got a quote of $106 but knowing holden and espicially the Gladstone one this will turn into $200 haha

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
SRS codes MUST be reset with the Tech 2.
No code can be reset IF THE FAULT STILL EXISTS. (duh...)

VCM, the "cheap" code readers from eBay, or other "workaround" tricks WILL NOT WORK.

These are the hard and fast rules folks....

IF the code has been popped due to a part of the "loop" being disconnected (ie. either a sensor or detonator circuit) temporarily, then the code can be cleared quckly and easily once that element has been reconnected. If the code has popped because a sensor or detonator circuit has become faulty, then the fault needs to be rectified before the code will clear down. But the one simple rule remains - the only way to clear the code is with a Tech 2 or compatible scan tool, with specific options for Holden vehicles. The eBay specials which claim to be "GM Tech 2 compatible" might work with Euro, US, or Jap GM cars, but they won't work with our Commy's.

Hope that helps clear up the confusions / misconceptions.... :D