Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Air Bag Reset

MICKY.D

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
thats not too bad, i was guessing $500-$1000.:cry:

that makes me a bit happier to ring Holden to book it in :yeah:

Cheers :thumbsup:
Micky.D
YT

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I had the SRS warning go off last week. Suspecting that the fault might be in the driver's seat wiring, I pulled the seat out and unplugged and replugged every wiring connection between the seat belt pretensioner, the airbag and the connection between the seat and main body harness wiring, then re-installed the seat. (Pulling the seat isn't necessary but it's a lot easier to check all wiring if you do.

It appears that whatever had caused the warning light to activate was fixed, beacause I then took the car to the local Ultratune and the Tech 2 was hooked up. There was an error code in the history, but the fault no longer existed. The fault code was cleared and I was on my way. Five minutes, no cost. Things have been fine since.

I would imagine that any Ultratune would have this equipment as they cover such a wide variety of cars. Whether you are as fortunate as me to be able to have faults cleared for nix is another matter, but it certainly doesn't require an expensive visit to your local Holden dealer.

Burto89

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ S-Pack Ute
Well i just rang Rockhampton Holden and they gave me a quote of $65 to clear it so tell me now how come gladstone wants to charge $106??? lol rip off!

Burto89

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ S-Pack Ute
Ultra tune is the go! Just rang them got a quote for $20 bargin! Stuff holden lol

D_BLOCK

Reaction score
Members Ride
BLACK VF SS UTE
I got mine cleared by a mate that owns an ultra tune franchise, it seems that all the good ones have the proper diagnostic tools.
Holden first quoted my wife over $100, then later in the day I phoned up and the price dropped to $60???
Funny that eh.

Barbi44

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VYII Executive
Had a bingle which set both my airbags off. Have already replaced the SRS module, driver's airbag, passenger's airbag, clock spring and seat belt pretensioners. Haven't connected battery yet. What will happen when I...
1. Connect the battery and...
2. Turn the car on?

Hoping I'm just gonna have to clear the codes at Ultratune or Holden. Really against the idea of redoing the job all over again :/

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
I had the SRS warning go off last week. Suspecting that the fault might be in the driver's seat wiring, I pulled the seat out and unplugged and replugged every wiring connection between the seat belt pretensioner, the airbag and the connection between the seat and main body harness wiring, then re-installed the seat. (Pulling the seat isn't necessary but it's a lot easier to check all wiring if you do.

It appears that whatever had caused the warning light to activate was fixed, beacause I then took the car to the local Ultratune and the Tech 2 was hooked up. There was an error code in the history, but the fault no longer existed. The fault code was cleared and I was on my way. Five minutes, no cost. Things have been fine since.

I would imagine that any Ultratune would have this equipment as they cover such a wide variety of cars. Whether you are as fortunate as me to be able to have faults cleared for nix is another matter, but it certainly doesn't require an expensive visit to your local Holden dealer.

Most scan tools will clear codes, but not program the cluster to change settings, so if you fix the faulty part by luck, the scan tool will clear the code.