Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

All warning lights come up

stevegunn

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt acclaim wagon vt acclaim sedan
Same problem, changed over abs module fixed it. You should be able to get a change over one for around the $300 mark if you're not being ripped off. Make sure you get one that suits your car though, abs with traction control or without, they are different. Problem is the module is in the wrong place on the commodores, it gets to hot. Ford run the same thing in a place that doesnt get as hot, no problems there! (that I know of). Bosch know of this heat problem and pass it back to GM who told them where it was gonna sit in the engine bay and so the problem goes on blah blah blah etc. Cheers, Steve

T

Teddy

Intermitten electrical fault

yes I have got exactly the same fault in 98 vt berlina & have been told it is the abs module
can anyone confirm that replacing it will solve my problems as the earthing problem sounds cheaper

T

Teddy

abs module

Thanks for the comfirmation
I have been quoted by bosch for a change over of around $300 for the module
Is their anything other than change over and bleeding brake lines
As holden have quoted over $800

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
no need to bleed it as you only replace the electronics.
Holden quoted on a new unit not a recoed one.

Rob

Fiddler100

Fiddler100
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTCalais 98
I am also having the same problem in a 98 VT Calais and I am having a problem believing it is the ABS electronics as I think that the electronics would fail permanently instead of intermittently. After all the warning lights came on I rattled the ABS connector by tugging on the loom, and the lights went out. A brake mechanic told me that he always covered the ABS module with a plastic bag when ever washing the engine. I would love to find out how to remove the ABS module so that I could have a look at the electronics and in particular the electronic circuit board track. I am still to discover a fix without replacing the ABS module. Bursons sell changeover for about $400 and $80 ti have it installed by brake shop.

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
After all the warning lights came on I rattled the ABS connector by tugging on the loom, and the lights went out.

Have you tried cleaning and retightening the connector. If it works/doesnt work as you play with the connector, its just going to be a bad connection in that area.

Dougm30

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman
wasted money!!!!!

hello to all.. my clubsport vt did the same thing!! Then one night i opened the bonnet and just behind the battery there was something glowing.I got a torch and had a look.It was the earth for a couple of wires!!! Tighened them up the next day and it fix the problem!!!!!!! FOR FREE!!!!! THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO A MATES VT,,,,SAME FIX!!!!!

I hope this helps....please let me know

ps you have to hold the 10mm nut behind the wires,you will see what i mean!!!!!
could you post a picture of the connection you mentioned please?