Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Alloytec and You

Xplaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV
Ok, So I realise this is a necro and a half thread, but I just want to take the time and say thank you to all those who replied and gave me comfort.
Since then she's done 138000 on the speedo (I dont drive much) and still going strong.
Due for new sparkies tho.

Thanks mate, I normally keep it below 4k unless I am dragging.

Hahaha, I am using this one from now on!
Also, gotta hear that vroom vroom every now and then :)

Thank you again after all these years collector!

Legend Kwaka!
You need to tell me where you get your details from :p

You have done about 50000ks since this first thread :) Just wondering what faults you have had during this time?

mr_s

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Lumina 07
You have done about 50000ks since this first thread :) Just wondering what faults you have had during this time?

Hello Xplaya. Sorry to keep you hanging.

I have been rather fortunate with my Lumi, but she's getting old now... One of the actuators is likely to be acting up (thanks to this fucked wet weather). Anyway I have had:
- ABS light come on and off at least 12 times in it's lifetime, with having to replace 3 ABS sensors in the 120 000 mark or so.
- Check engine came on once or twice thanks to a few missfires; dont use E10 in your ride. You dont drink passion pop, why do you expect your car to??
- Few issues with shocks, replaced 2
- Radio unit freezes up sometimes, and air/radio wont work. Problem gets fixed when you take out unit and put in again.

Aside from the normal replaceables, touch wood it's been good. Need me a new one tho.
Any suggestions?

h8tensv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 SV6 2002 VX 1989 VN 5 Litre
ABS sensors are a common fault on the VE. Wifes omega had trouble with sensors at around 120 000km and had a few misfiring issues also.