Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Alloytech mods

sting ls2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Clubsport ls2 A4
i want the vortech,wonder if it is the silent drive version,or not.

Ganzer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S UTE 175 M6
VZSV6 said:
no worries. 1/ yes i did it was 22% out, and it was done with a tech 2 but a different version cause of th computer, i got holden to do it, it took them 3 hours for $100. i had gotten a performance place to do it, and he took 1 min but it was still way out. so just go to holden.
2/the rev range has risen by a meezly 200 rpm, doing 100kp/h i'm doing 1900rpm.
3/ all up i paid $1000, new centre new housing. but all in all the best money i have spent on the car by far, the gears are awesome so smooth, you wont regret.
just make sure after 700k's you change the oil. and synthetic all the way.
hi i have a 175 ute and would to change my diff center, what sort of speed are you get in first now. As in first gear i only get about 45 kays

Ganzer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S UTE 175 M6
Sammy said:
45km's ... ****, you musn't be pushing it hard then .... my ute does close to 10km's per 1000 rpm, its very very close to 55-60km's in first just before it hits the limiter (6000rpm)

I change when it hits five and half, as brain see tell arm and is normaly a few second have passed.
As i dont think the limiter is set. Reason for this i took it out in a grassy paddock put her in first to do donuts and it hit seven and didn't sound like the engine was over reving and didn't cut out, speedo read 65kays.

Alloytec

Reaction score
Members Ride
LS1 VT SS
steane said:
It's ok. My manual VZ ute has a stuffed fuel gauge and comes up with 10,000 klm service intervals (should be 15,000) so it is no surprise to find that the tacho is out as well!!!

ok time to set some people straight,

Your fuel gauge has no affect on tacho

Your service interval problem will have no affect on the tacho

Your instrument cluster needs to be reprogramed as a V6 not a V8. wont affect tacho.

As for alloytech redlines / limiters

on the spot 4k limiter
holding in gear 6700limiter (roughly)
in drive rev limiter 6,500rpm

hope that clears some things up.

steane

Reaction score
Website
www.carupdate.com.au
Members Ride
VZ Maloo 6spd
Alloytec said:

Your instrument cluster needs to be reprogramed as a V6 not a V8. wont affect tacho.

on the spot 4k limiter

Ok, time to set you straight dude. You quoted me but completely misunderstood what I was saying. You need to take more care. I was being a smart arse and saying that it doesnt suprise me that the tacho may be out as the fuel gauge and service intervals are out also. ie NO FRIGGIN SUPRISE THAT HOLDEN CANT GET IT RIGHT.

Does the fuel gauge make the tacho read wrong - only a 3 yr old would come to this conclusion !!!!!!!!
Does the service interval throw the tacho or fuel gauge out - that would take the deductive reasoning of a 2 year old!!!!!!!!!
Maybe that vibration in the front has somthing to do with me scratching my right ear when making a left turn...?

Is it a case of having V8 software and needing V6 software ???? Can you guarantee this, cos if you can I'll bring my car over for you to fix. I'll become a true believer in Holdens again and while I'm there I'll teach you how to take more care when reading and quoting.

sting ls2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Clubsport ls2 A4
yeah i expect more from holden,getting v8 software in a v6 big stuff up fuel gauge issue,well what are the holden techs doing,dont they get payed for sorting this **** out.holden to concerned in building shitloads of cars,not quality ones at that.So i keep the sv6 until 07,the only thing that we keep me in a holden is a tt 3.6 alloytec,if not well hello xr6t.

Sammy

Reaction score
Website
www.oldholdens.com
Members Ride
LH Torana with Ecotec V6
Alloytec said:

on the spot 4k limiter

i find it interesting that there is only one redline specified i read on a holden document that the 175kw motor has a redline of 6100rpm and the 190kw motor has the 6700rpm limit.

oh and for everyone that keeps calling them an Alloytech ..... its TEC not TECH!!!!! :bang: