Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Alloytech mods

old mans ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S Ute
45kmh in first gear

Have a look at the illustration at the top of the page. Looks like 6000 rpm and a touch over 45 kph to me.

Stretcher Bearer

A.R.N.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 SOCOG Exec 9C1
alimpyer said:
hey guys i drive a a VZ ute with VZ ss rims(17") and ut has been lowered. i'm also in the same boat as some of u, i need more power and torque.
i'm seariously considering a twin turbo setup but insuance will kill me. is there any noticable power gains from a new cat back system. or similar mods thanx

For What?

Bye Bye Warranty.

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
That's not always the case, depends on your relationship with your dealer, some even offer to fit a/market exhausts and whatnot, others frown upon it. Honesty is the best policy, be upfront with them and ask them how do they feel about certain mods. BUT what I do agree upon is once you go the forced induction/heads & cam route, I believe no dealer with cover you then. Then again you going down that path, meaning you don't give a fig about warranty do you. :)

mmmdonuts

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Equipe 05
VZSUTE said:
Does anyone know any mods for the alloytech 175? i have already installed 2 X 2 inch cat back stainless pipes, and K&N panel filter. any info on ECU remapping, or any other good gear? Also anyone know anything about the twin turbo setups being used on the tt36 concept here, or the buick twin turbo 3.6 concept (same motor as the alloytech)

Any info much appreciated

How much was the 2 X 2 inch cat back stainless pipes, and K&N panel filter to supply and fit?

M

magno

Try a Magnoflow. My vx has increased 7.1% in kilowatts and 5%in torque on standard unleaded. All other users are rapt in the performance after fitting the device also. Clips straight onto the fuel line
www.magnoflow.com.au

sting ls2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Clubsport ls2 A4
VZSV6 said:
the k&n air pannel filter does more harm than good
The k+n filters are very oily,for at least 24hrs let the filter sit,that is the only way k+n filters do any harm,because people over oil them,Soon i going to get the bmc air panel filter,see how that goes supposed to give at least 5kw compared to k+n's 2kw apparently.