Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Almost lost it on the highway tonight.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
I still can't help but think what would have happened of one of the bars went through the window, which could quite easily have happened. I'd either be dead or have a much more deformed face than what I have now.

I remember when I was about 12 or so, with my mum driving and a bit of plywood came flying off the back of a truck and dipped and smashed onto the bonnet. Guy turned down backstreets off the main road as soon as it happened.

I think back now and wonder what if we were going just a bit faster or it dipped later. Pretty ####ed up.

James VY

I like Nirvana too.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim
I remember when I was about 12 or so, with my mum driving and a bit of plywood came flying off the back of a truck and dipped and smashed onto the bonnet. Guy turned down backstreets off the main road as soon as it happened.

I think back now and wonder what if we were going just a bit faster or it dipped later. Pretty ####ed up.

Exactly the same thing happened to us when I was around the same age, except this bit was round.

It bounced on the bonnet, rolled up the windscreen and over the car. Quite lucky it hit the bonnet first, and that there was nobody behind us

No paint damage either, just a fkn lucky situation

White Tiger

Semper Fidelis
Reaction score
Members Ride
HBD VY Berlina, RB30 GQ Patrol
I recently lost a 6x8 hire trailer at 100km/h. My brother had to catch a flight on a sunday afternoon and he'd planned to put his stuff in storage in the morning before he left. It took him hours to find a hire trailer because he was stupid and didn't pre book one and then discovered his tow bar couldn't attach properly. He came to my place in a rush thinking his gonna miss his flight and asked for help. We quickly put the towbar back on my car (had been in the shed for 2 years) and in our mad rush neither of us bolted the towbar in, she was just sitting in there loosely.

So we've gone and picked up the trailer, drove about 3k's and sitting on 100km/h when the trailer flies off, gets airborne, and crashes down an embankment and gets buried on its side deep in a bunch of bushes and stuck in mud. It somehow managed to bisect 2 cars in the lane besides us. How it missed them both I still don't know. Took us an hour to drag it out, bolted it all up (properly this time), and finished the job before taking it back undamaged and retrieving our deposit :)

I had this happen a few months back with my 6x4 down a dirt road, doing about 80kph with a half flat tire on the back drivers side of a patrol, all because i didn't latch the trailer on properly, me and my best friend were saved by his driving and the two tree's which stopped the patrol from rolling completely over a few times.