Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ANDRA Regulations

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Thanks for that :) Edited first post with information.

Out of curiosity VT-565, would you know if I am able to buy the rulebook from ANDRA without acquiring a licence? I haven't been able to find anywhere to buy it on their site.

Yeah for sure.
I bought a book off them last year but I don't have a license as yet.
Give them a call at reception, I paid by credit card over the phone, was in the letterbox a week later.
:: ANDRA :: Australian National Drag Racing Association

EDIT: Not sure if the latest rule book is out yet, i still have 07-08, if it is, let me know, i want to update.
I also have to add that I deal a bit with McDonald Bros. Racing, if you call them, you'll usually get Ray, top bloke to talk to and very helpful. plug lol

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
There have been a few changes in the new book.
Any car faster than 12.00 1/4 mile 7.70 1/8 mile must have a battery isolator, master cut off switch capable of shutting off all power including the alternator and all ancillaries. This must be able to be operated from the outside of the vehicle and located inside the battery marker with the words off clearly labelled.
When I get a bit more time I will post some of the other changes.

Stressball

Rolling on 4 again :D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Triton
There have been a few changes in the new book.
Any car faster than 12.00 1/4 mile 7.70 1/8 mile must have a battery isolator, master cut off switch capable of shutting off all power including the alternator and all ancillaries. This must be able to be operated from the outside of the vehicle and located inside the battery marker with the words off clearly labelled.
When I get a bit more time I will post some of the other changes.

I read that that was only for competition cars, not test and tune cars?

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
I read that that was only for competition cars, not test and tune cars?

As far as I am aware there is no distinction between competition & test & tune cars. Once you hit a time or speed you have to meet the criteria by your next outing. Some tracks went as far as excluding you on the spot even though this was not in the regs. (this might have changed)

Stressball

Rolling on 4 again :D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Triton
As far as I am aware there is no distinction between competition & test & tune cars. Once you hit a time or speed you have to meet the criteria by your next outing. Some tracks went as far as excluding you on the spot even though this was not in the regs. (this might have changed)

That was my understanding also, but I have heard from more than one place that that particular regulation was only for comp cars. Oh well.

And yeah, I know Willowbank Raceway ask you to piss off and don't let you run again until your car meets the regulations.

VS3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
DFECTV
Bumping an old thread i know, but does anybody have the current specs needed for a rollcage in a 10.99-10 second car? As in technical specs of the cage and positioning of the intrusion bars?

Cheers