Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Another embarrasment for holden

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Don't get me wrong, I am not a FORD supporter, just sick of seeing the same mistakes in aussie built cars over and over.

Vehicles get recalled all the time.

In the past 30 days, these vehicles have been recalled in Australia:
Ford Fiesta
Ford Transit
Ducati Hypermotard
Volvo XC90
Fiat Ducato (twice)
Ducati Tricolore
Honda CBR1000RR
Mercedes-Benz EvoBus
Dodge Avenger (twice)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Jeep Commander
Chrysler Sebring
Honda TRX500 FA, FGA, FE & FM

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais
OI! The FIRST series of EA was Crap...... The 1989 model. :whistling

Yes the first EA was a pile of crap, thing is though if you look back at it, this was really FORDS fault, they tried to release a new car at the same time as a new engine package with not enough testing for either. I remember reading a review saying that the badges were falling off the car on the test drive which is kind of funny.

The thing is though, the thing that frustrates me is this, the falcon was known for brake disks that warp (brake shudder) and my ef had it too, so bad you could hardly hold onto the steering wheel. The widly used fix was to fit DBA long life rotors and bendix pads.

Now if the EA started in 89, and I still had this issue in 96, I know that the AU had huge issues with it aswell. This is 10 years of the SAME ISSUE.

Why couldn't ford see the damn obvious and fix the issue at hand, rather than depending on customers to buy aftermarket parts.

This issue with the VE is sort of the same, o.k., no fires yet but this engine is not brand new, it has been in previous model cars, there would be heaps of them with several thousands of KM on them, and after a billion dollars on developing a car, there teling us they can't hook up a fuel hose?

I know other car makers have issues, as I have stated before I am not brand biased here, just wishing that there was a little more quality inbuilt into the car.

50LTRv8

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
The thing is though, the thing that frustrates me is this, the falcon was known for brake disks that warp (brake shudder) and my ef had it too, so bad you could hardly hold onto the steering wheel. The widly used fix was to fit DBA long life rotors and bendix pads.

Now if the EA started in 89, and I still had this issue in 96, I know that the AU had huge issues with it aswell. This is 10 years of the SAME ISSUE.

50LTRv8

The problem wasn't just ford. It was wide spread. manufacturers of discs were going softer compound while pad manufacturers were going harder compound. what people didn't know at the time was to throw a set of ceramic pads in and it increased the life of the discs dramatically.

A lot of problems today with cars is due to out-sourcing. Mitsubishi are doing it right with their own stuff ie Nippon. Ford own a lot of european companies to get parts from but we have different climates here and our cars are probably heavier. Holden can't throw corvette parts in as the price of the cars would escalate.

I hope it's a problem they overcome quickly.

xlr8_87

No longer a commy driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 Prado 4x4
isn't this old news? i swear this happened when it came out...

xlr8_87

No longer a commy driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 Prado 4x4
but it was the same problem yeh? fuel lines?

=Calais v8=

Holden Tech Apprentice
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII 5.0L Calais, 13b ae71
well i've just spent half the day doing these reworks. from the majority of cars that i worked on today, there were at least SOME wear on the rubber clamps holding the fuel lines. i wouldn't say its embarassing, i would say good on them, because if they are all showing signs of wear, and nothing was done, how long before more accidents happened? these things take time to pop up, so hey. whachyagunado.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
So is it just replacing the clamps?

Keen to know exactly what's involved and how long it takes.

Shifty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
EF Almost Turbo
OK.. based on what I've read here..

Theres a design flaw, and Holden are fixing it, so good on them. But.. its its gonna get a laugh out of the ford fans, as when ford annoucnes problems.. us holden owners always seem to laugh..

Every car will have its problems, manufacturer independant.. eventually people will understand this, but until then.. the immature ones will keep laughing :/