Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Another load of S***

HoldenOn

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS equip, 4.2L stroker on its way.
This discussion doesn't have anything to do with not liking our job, everyone who joins the Defence Force know full well what they are expected to do, you know when you join you will most likely be away from family and friends. The main issue I see with taking away free flights home for single diggers is;

If you are married, de facto or similar you live with your family, you see them most of the year, unless you are married separated. But yet the government still wants to give these people free flights home. If you are a single digger, and you are posted away from family, you wont see them all year, you are not given a free flight home, you are to pay your own way to see your family.

Now to me this doesn't make sense at all!

"Defence chief General David Hurley argued the free airfare for older single people was outdated. He said it was in place when he joined the army 40 years ago when salaries were low and airfares were very expensive from such places as Townsville."

Well he obviously doesn't realise that in the 40 years he has been in the Defence Force prices of general living costs have gone up, fuel is no longer 10cents a litre, food is more expensive, rent, electricity bla bla bla. How could someone who is suppose to represent us get it so wrong.

Put quite simply, he's an old idiot that is still living in the 60's and hasn't kept up with the times, being isolated from the world in his cushy existence. Thats why.

It's the same for all the old politicians that don't have a clue.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
hahahhahahahaha. pretty much the cdf hey champ

I left because it was lame. Camp was pretty much school camp with flirting and that.

Verceti

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S
I left because it was lame. Camp was pretty much school camp with flirting and that.

Its the cadets, a feel good version of the scouts. So no, you do not understand what the ara is like from your time in the cadets lol.

I don't believe anyone has the right to comment unless they've been there and done that.

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
Its the cadets, a feel good version of the scouts. So no, you do not understand what the ara is like from your time in the cadets lol.

I don't believe anyone has the right to comment unless they've been there and done that.

Sounds like a typical AJ response. You wouldn't know man you weren't there! Please.

smokem

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss 5.7
All these cut backs are a load of ####ing bullshit indeed!! Our gov are seriously ####ed in the head! To busy wasting billions off bucks on dirty stinking ####ing boat people that you could simply ####ing sink, but nah well private charter em planes n spend billions on the ####s until they ready to blow us up!! Yeah #### we,ll just take it from? Our army and airforce. This gov is should be ashamed of themselves and iff gillard was to lets say get ran down by a bus or something along those lines then we,d all be much better off!

Verceti

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S
Sounds like a typical AJ response. You wouldn't know man you weren't there! Please.

and yours is one of someone who either couldnt hack it or didnt meet the joining standard

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
and yours is one of someone who either couldnt hack it or didnt meet the joining standard

I more then met the standard. The standard in my opinion was pathetic and hardly what I had imagined it to be. All I saw while I was there was AJs who got paid **** loads blew it all on piss and other crap. The joys of getting everything handed to you on a silver plate I suppose. Need housing? Subsidised. Electricity for your subsidised house? Subsidised.

VY Rossi

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY SS 5.7L M6
I more then met the standard. The standard in my opinion was pathetic and hardly what I had imagined it to be. All I saw while I was there was AJs who got paid **** loads blew it all on piss and other crap. The joys of getting everything handed to you on a silver plate I suppose. Need housing? Subsidised. Electricity for your subsidised house? Subsidised.

When do defence members get subsidised electricity? And what is wrong with us getting subsidised housing? If you had to move every 3 years for work with little say in it would you be pissed off about having to get bond money and 2 weeks rent in advance organised our would you rather move into housing that is provided by your employer because they know it can be hard trying to organise a place to live without being able to do property inspections and the like

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Biznatch303

Pew Pew Lasers
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VR Ute/ 16 MQ Triton

The the BFA/PFT is pretty easy

But the CFA isn't exactly a cake walk, and neither is force prep.

It's not all the silver lining and handouts you make it out to be, we get basics, but unless you're married or have kids you don't get that much.