Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Any electricians here ? Off peak meter question..

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
I'd have thought he was directing you to a fuse or trip switch (whatever they call them now...)

I've never known anyone to cut these things and not go to jail.

I'd say the people you know were cutting the seals and bypassing their meters. Cutting meter seals carries a ~$200-300 fine.

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
ok now you are making sense. I have not looked at it since this morning. I guess i'll let it do its thing overnight and check it again in the morning. It should have heated up and switched off by then yeah ?
So then i open up the seals and put some new fishing line on them ?

If it's working it might still be on in the morning depending what time your off peak turns on/off. I'd just check it a few times over the next few days to see if it's actually switching by itself.

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 II Commodore - Chlorophyll
Power core is the only provider on the security seals and they need to be fitted by powercore.
If you leave the switch set to day mode, it means that it will heat the water 24/7 and cost a fortune.

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Power core is the only provider on the security seals and they need to be fitted by powercore.
If you leave the switch set to day mode, it means that it will heat the water 24/7 and cost a fortune.

I don't think he set it to day mode, usually you don't need to break seals to change over the day/night switch. If he's done what i think he has, everything will still be charged to off peak.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
OK here is the thing i was playing with. The switch is in the recessed bit at the bottom. It has a switch symbol with open and closed circuit pics on it and i moved it to closed ... ( ON )
It the switch like a circuit breaker ? if so then i should leave it switched to on yeah ? I heard there was a power surge around here yesterday so maybe that tripped it ?

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
that's not your hot water circuit breaker, thats the off peak relay. The electrical company sends a pulse down the line that tells the relay to kick in at certain times of the day, so i'd say yours is just broken. Give the supplier a ring tomorrow and they'll come and replace it (if it's broken) for free, or they'll just seal it up again.