Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Any Harley riders???

quick308

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 Landrover disco series 1, 2006 Street Bob
So what your saying is you want to spend $20k+ on a bike so as to fit in to the club instead of paying less for a better bike but are afraid of the ridicule?.... rigggggght. lol.

And tbh old mate, I havnt researched the differences between the GPX and the new Minjas. Engines would more then likely be the same. But frame and suspension are all completely different. The minja feels heaps smaller then my gpx did tho. Minja has what look and feel like bicycle tyres on them as well. lol.

If i didn't like them i would't be looking at buying one. It's a Christian bike club, that mingles with other outlaw gangs. Something tells me that i would not be taken seriously in my ministry if was riding a Japanese bike, Some things are more important to me than owning a bike that has the best bang for buck on the market.

Last edited:

old mate

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VB Sedan / GU Patrol

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
If i didn't like them i would't be looking at buying one. It's a Christian bike club, that mingles with other outlaw gangs. Something tells me that i would not be taken seriously in my ministry if was riding a Japanese bike, Some things are more important to me than owning a bike that has bang for buck on the market.

Jesus wouldn't ride a Japanese bike.. A donkey maybe.. They are right in judging you on the bike you choose to ride. Peer acceptance is far more important than any bang for your buck. That "something telling you" is Jesus dude, listen to him.:rofl:

quick308

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 Landrover disco series 1, 2006 Street Bob
Jesus wouldn't ride a Japanese bike.. A donkey maybe.. They are right in judging you on the bike you choose to ride. Peer acceptance is far more important than any bang for your buck. That "something telling you" is Jesus dude, listen to him.:rofl:

More like common sense smart arse

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Who cares?
If you like the Harley buy it. They designed to appeal to people who like cruisers that sound tough.

Why the hell do people compare them to Jap sports bikes?

Its like saying don't by a 1967 Impala coupe because the new GTR is faster.

doms1

Reaction score
Members Ride
BANNED
If i didn't like them i would't be looking at buying one. It's a Christian bike club, that mingles with other outlaw gangs. Something tells me that i would not be taken seriously in my ministry if was riding a Japanese bike, Some things are more important to me than owning a bike that has the best bang for buck on the market.

I think you will find one of the big outlaw clubs in QLD has a few members that ride Jap cruisers.I know a bloke thats a member and he rode a suzuki in said club for years.The man maketh the bike the bike doesn't make the man.Ride what you like .

old mate

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VB Sedan / GU Patrol
what about a triumph rocket 3? they are a wicked bike with serious, serious grunt.

especially when you throw a turbo on there :D

they would be the only bike i would buy as a cruiser, just because of the amount of grunt. i suppose you expect good torque when its a 2300cc....

edit again, the suzuki m109r can be made to look pretty friggin cool.

doms1

Reaction score
Members Ride
BANNED
I used to be Abig Harley fan,BUT since the tc motors came out have had alot of mates bikes #### bearings so put me off em,triumph rocket 3s are COOL as.m109r is a cool looking ride