Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Any Harley riders???

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Why the hell do people compare them to Jap sports bikes?

Its like saying don't by a 1967 Impala coupe because the new GTR is faster.

People are comparing them to Japanese CRUISERS, not sports bikes. Japanese cruisers are built better and ride better than Harleys (spoken from experience btw).

old mate

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VB Sedan / GU Patrol
well under lams they r

no they arent.

you can get much, much sportier bikes for LAMS. you obviously havent heard of supermoto.

husky sm510r is LAMS legal in vic. around 60hp at the engine and 109kg dry. 320mm brembo front brake and wide sticky tyres.

250 ninja has 30hp at the engine, weighs 169kg and has terrible suspension and skinny chinese tyres.

i wonder which one is sportier....

rusty411

Donating member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE series II Sv6 3.6L ute
just coz there quicker dosent mean there a sports bike..... your bike is pretty much a dirt bike with a fancy name throwing rd tyres on it how many of those do u see on a track gotta say none. the ninja is a sports bike. im not getting into a stupid argument with an idiot

old mate

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VB Sedan / GU Patrol
a dirt bike with a fancy name that would kill anything in corners. yes they arent a sportsbike, but at least they arent a pretend sportsbike (ninja 250r).

look, i've got both a motard and a sportsbike and they both have their upsides and downsides. but in the LAM's situation you cant find a faster bike. and if you're a learner, they cost next to nothing to fix if you crash and you can jump them big. not sure how many sportsbikes of any type can jump 100ft and not break or bend anything.

for any tracks or roads where you stick under 160km/h a well set up supermoto will be faster than a well set up sportsbike. so at a track like broadford theres hardly an advantage to a sportsbike. but obviously at phillip island you would have no chance on a supermoto compared to a sportsbike.

different bikes for different situations, but for a LAMS and streetbike, the supermoto has more usable and greater performance. but they arent for everyone, as people like yourself do not have the brain power to understand why they are how they are, and usually the people who dont understand them couldnt ride out of sight in a dark foggy night..

rusty411

Donating member
Reaction score
Members Ride
two different riding positions, ninja youve got the lower centre of gravity and as for cornering if u cant out corner a supermoto on a ninja theres something wrong when in high speeds the riding stance on a moto isnt exactly streamline and creates drag and isnt exactly comfortable.

and as for jumping why the hell would you want to jump a sports bike 100ft this makes no sence ive been talking riding on the rd and as for lams ninjas are good and jumping 100ft go to your trails.

and as for the well set up moto and set up sports bike your smoken some serious **** if you think you could out ride a sports bike on a moto. im not agaisnt motards and the likes im just saying a ninja is a sports bike and u for some reason wanted to argue that with this bull crap of super moto being in no way shape or form being a sports bike

Macca86

Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6T Ute & a ZX6R
A true ninja IS a sports bike yes. But a true ninja is a ZX6/7/9/10R. Not the piss ant little 250 Minjas that Kawasaki lent the name and looks of the 'Ninja' to in order to increase sales to all the posers who pay $7k for a new minja and tell all their mates 'oh I ride a SPORTS bike'

And if you honestly think a proper motard wont beat or at least equal a 'sports' bike around a track that you dont reach speeds of over 150 or so km as old mate said, then you have just shown how little you actually know about these bikes.

rusty411

Donating member
Reaction score
Members Ride
was never arguing thats its piss weak just stateing it is still classified as a sports bike for lams, who wouldnt love a zx6r r6 etc awesome bikes im just saying its a sporty lams bike. if the riders are equal it would be close but im still standing by that a zx6r would beat any motard on the track

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
I rode a GPX250R on my L's (until a lady wrote it off for me). They're a great legal learner bike and have more power than quite a other LAMS bikes. I'm 65kg and 6"4 and had no problem with it, didn't feel too small and served me well.