Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

anybody notice somthing fishy with whincups pace?

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
dont forget, Whincup learnt to drive in a COMMODORE ... as did Lowndes :thumbsup:

crazybiker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore V6
LOL.

What team was it that Whincup first drove for? Was it Jim-Beam Racing?

jphanna

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA
guys if you look at the actual fastest times for the race, both HRT cars were faster than whincup best time for race 2. look at official results. the cars are all scientifically tested so NO ONE has an aero advantage anymore. it gets down to who can get that sweet spot set up on that day.

look at murphy last year, he was no where to be seen ALL year and when they got to bathurst, he was quickest all week and if it wasnt for that prang (soemone cruched into front wheel thowing it out) early in the race he would have bolted away with the race. they hit the sweet spot at bathurst and he should have won.

xxNoblexx

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 VS Ute V6 Executive Series 1
Whincup started in the GRM car in 2003 i think, straight outa formula ford, they dropped him at the end of the year, and he was out in the wilderness until Tasman picked him up in 2005. T8 hunted him after him and Jase Richards finished either second or third at bathurst that year i think.

sorry to be a know it all, just thought i would put my 2 cents worth in

crazybiker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore V6
Not a know it all, we were interested, you gave us the answers you were looking for.

Thank you

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
NAAB, what he's getting at is that T8 had time to test the fuel BEFORE the championship season, when everyone else had to use it.
Weather that has had any effect on thier speed for this season is anyones guess tho.

Also worth noting, T8 were the only team without any personnel changes. Every other team had either drivers or techs changing during the off season.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
They had the time, if the other teams were prepared then they would have had time as well. People can't blame the fact that one team did tests and no one else did when everyone had the choice.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
They had the time, if the other teams were prepared then they would have had time as well. People can't blame the fact that one team did tests and no one else did when everyone had the choice.

Thats the thing, not everyone did have the chance. ONLY T8 did the testing.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
My point is why...Surely they weren't the only team allowed to test it.