Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

anybody notice somthing fishy with whincups pace?

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
My point is why...Surely they weren't the only team allowed to test it.

Its always the way. Same reason only 3 teams worked on the FG, or that HRT only did the VE. They use the pinacle team at the time.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Money = speed.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
another domination weekend for the fords good stuff.fg is 2 quick for the ve

did you completely miss the point of this thread and use it as an excuse to post your anti holden crap?

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
did you completely miss the point of this thread and use it as an excuse to post your anti holden crap?

Going by his other 3 posts, no, he doesn't get the title of the thread.

Like i said, T8 were the ONLY team to trial the E85 BEFORE the test days, so of course they'd have an advantage. Do i care....not really. The best car still is the T8 car, so they deserve to win. Calling them holdens and Fords is abit OTT now tho.

PSYKO PHOENIX

AHHHH brain fart
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Commodore v6 ecotec
thanks bro! it seams that half the people on the thread arent seeing the point

just to make sure they get it

T8 WAS THE ONLY TEAM TO TEST THE E85, THEY WERE THE ONLY ONES ALLOWED TO.

ITS NOT THAT OTHER TEAMS COULDNT AFFORD IT OR CHOSE NOT TO, THEY WERNT GIVEN THE CHOICE

THE V8 SUPERCAR GOVENING BODY WOULDENT LET ANY OTHER TEAMS TEST IT

thats what this thread is about, not the holden or ford argument, or how much money each team has etc

the v8s have changed so much and not for the better and there miles from bieng holden or ford, the only real differance is the body shell which is just wrong, it will be interesting to see what happnes in hamilton. thats when well know if the pace was due to them testing in advance because after clipsal the other teams will have new setups, mapping and info on how the e85 acts and works

either way the govening body should have had a holden team test it (e85) to

VC_HDT

Reaction score
trying to stitch the wife to get a better car
Members Ride
VC HDT, VN Berlina & WIFES VR Stato
the new fg isnt all that different from the bf apart from panels bit like vx to vy.
888 were the team to beat last year so naturally they are the team that has hit the ground running
what im waiting for it to see if courtney can prove how good he his he basically is running the same car as whincup now, and whincup was pissed when he found out 888 sold complete cars to rival teams.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
no stocky its just that ur pissed off that wincup and lowndes are dominating.so get over it buddy.

He never mentioned what team he goes for, nor if he follows V8s at all (i know theres a few people here who hate supertaxis, not sure if hes one)

The fact is, T8 were the only team to test E85. Like i said, not sure if this gives an advantage or not.
But on the flip side, theres the other things to consider, no personnel changes, only a new car.

Some people get so worked up about something so trivial (specifically the fact its not holden vs ford anymore, so that bit is irrelevant)

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
no stocky its just that ur pissed off that wincup and lowndes are dominating.so get over it buddy.

as stealthy said, i couldnt give a damn about the v8 supercars. youre the one that seems pissed off