Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anybody Ride??

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
^ ^ Funny you say that, I had a mate in a similar situation. He knew how to ride before going, hes been riding since he was able to sit on a bike, and definitly is competent in riding, yet the instructors done nothing but pick **** on him. Maybe they/he has a problem with people with previous riding experience or dirt bikes, who knows.
Never heard a bad word about Deca though.

Disturbed_vegeta

I'd Prefer To ROAR!
Reaction score
Website
Www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VR Hsv Senator, VX SS, VZ SS Ute 6L, K9 GSXR1000
i use to ride a wr400 and a rm 125, but now that im older (20) ive gotten bigger better things. I ride a triumph daytona 955i 2000 i'd rate it as a good cruise but fast enough to get me in and out of trouble, not everyones taste but it does the job untill i can save for a r1.

old mate

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VB Sedan / GU Patrol
^ ^ Funny you say that, I had a mate in a similar situation. He knew how to ride before going, hes been riding since he was able to sit on a bike, and definitly is competent in riding, yet the instructors done nothing but pick **** on him. Maybe they/he has a problem with people with previous riding experience or dirt bikes, who knows.
Never heard a bad word about Deca though.

i think that they just want to break 'young kids' who think they can ride well. sort of make them not cocky.

funny thing about the instructor, there was another young guy there and he asked what he rides, was riding a cbr600rr on his L's. the instructor didnt say anything about the illegality (is that a word) about the bike, just said its nice.

not compared to the 'chook chaser' haha its pretty good on the road. any tight road, and i reckon i'd hand it to most sportsbike road riders. with knobbies on haha.

makes for some fun keeping the slides away :yeah:

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
After racing motoX for a few years when I was young I haven't been on a bike for a very long time. Got the bug recently and just bought this. I have read a lot of good things about Hyosung, and being $3K cheaper than most other bikes, it was a bargain. Brand new run out 2008 model GV250 Aquila. Going to get my license next week I think.

Attachments

• Photo0199.jpg
    Photo0199.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 221

Galixia

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 CBR1000RR & G6E Turbo
ive got a 1998 GSXR 600 heaps of fun to ride and handles great with plenty of power. Last bike was a Suzuki Across (GSX250F) was a good learning bike enough power to keep up with most other bikes and plus the petrol tank was below the seat and where normal tanks r has a storage area which can fit an XL full faced helmet in it which was great

TGM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Exec '05
To the OP, here are some IMPORTANT things you should know about the baby blades before buying one.

If you've got your heart set on a CBR250 make sure you ride heaps of them. Alot of them have been thrashed and will ride like dogs, you need to ride a good one to know to stay away from the bad ones. Also, ignore the odo reading. The bike may have done low k's, or it may have gone round the clock (odo resets after 100,000), or the insturment cluster may have been replaced when it was imported. No CBR was made after 1996, some were sold new in 1998 but no CBR was manufactured after 1996. If anyone tells you otherwise they are lying, or talking about the compliance date. Compliance date means sweet fark all, and no CBR is less than 13 years old.

If you're in Melbourne don't buy from Sumoto, they import a dodgy bike, put a flash coat of paint on them, and sell them for $4000 more than they're worth.

Honda JDM CBR Forums - Customer Service - Sumoto

Also, have a look at Kawa ZXR250's and Yamaha FZR250's. They are pretty much the same thing, but CBR's are a bit more expensive for no real reason. I just got a ZXR250 about a month ago and I'm loving it. :D

Here's a good list of things to check, it's long but read it so you don't buy a lemon.

Netrider - Connecting motorcycle and motorbike riders in Australia. News, Forums, Links, Classifieds, Articles, Events Calendar, Merchandise, and more...

Also, read this and learn about grey imports. They are not necessarily a bad thing, but they are risky. My bike is a grey import, 20 years old, but it's still in good condition mechanically. Others aren't.

OCAU.mc

If you find a good bike, you'll love it. If you get a bad one it'll be a nightmare so take your time. Any more questions just ask.

i find it funny that in may next year i can LEGALLY ride a cbr1000rr which is an absolute weapon but cant drive my VB commodore with a 253 in it, which is not a weapon.

Yea in a year's time I won't be allowed to drive a manual corolla but I can jump on an litre bike. Cause you know, the bike is sooo much easier to control.

old mate

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VB Sedan / GU Patrol
yeah, i had a mate looking at buying from sumoto. luckily i talked him out of spending heaps of money on a **** box bike and in the end he bought one of those 250 ninja's. good price too.

yeah its a funny ruling the restrictions, not that i would like a cbr1000rr (its really a bit much for the road) but its the fact that its legal that confuses me. ktm690smc is where its at.

TGM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Exec '05
^ Hey not than I'm complaining. I'll have a Daytona 675 in a years time I think. :D

Last edited: