Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone know how much a VB 308 SLE is worth?

DerekP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 5.0
That looks tidy except for the big dent in the sill panel... so I'm a little confused - the picture looks like its in completely original condition, so that means those are the mods you want to do to it and your asking what it would be worth after you have done the mods?? If it has been garaged with no rust in it in original condition with (verified) 74 k's on the clock, it could fetch up to 6-8 grand, with mods (any) a whole lot less.... IMO.

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
Looks like it needs the chrome put back on around the rear tailights.

And never, never remove headlight washer/wiper and front bar. Drops the value heaps.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
obvious paint is obvious:
untitled.jpg

a: boot isnt in line, but is the same colour as 1/4's. need closer inspection but it could be a hurried repair
b: dent
c: scrape
d: door lock has been poorly repaired, but is the same colour as the boot, so would suggest at least that side of the car has been sprayed.
e: guard line isnt correct, suggesting its been off before strengthens the idea that sides been painted.
f: big dent in rocker panel.

thats not to say it isnt a really good car, but when its had paint and you can easily show the owner you can see it, it might help you knock a bit off the price ;) "im gonna need to fix that" sometimes they will drop a lot off.

but yeah, if it wasnt red i would buy that.

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
Ari, most of them faults are also factory!. My SL/Es both have a decent gap between door and guard. Infact a lot of the older commodores do.

But i just noticed the rear bumper bar, its not a VB SL/E spec item. Wonder how many will notice the difference?

DerekP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 5.0
But i just noticed the rear bumper bar, its not a VB SL/E spec item. Wonder how many will notice the difference?

Was it only the VH that had the bar extensions to the wheel arch?

1stTimeV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH
When all is said and done it is only worth what you or somebody else is willing to pay! to much crap is talk about what things are worth when it is not them parting with the folding stuff. the argument for original vs customised will go on for ever, but this is not a special vehicle so going original gives no added value whatsoever unless it is your personal opinion.

I paid 6 for mine 3 months ago... it had obvious flaws you are looking to spend 3 yours will have much more obvious flaws....

As Ari has pointed out there are areas to work on, but with only 3 grand every car you look at will have that. The real question is are you confidant enough to try and bargain and will he play ball. buyers want to pay as little as possible and sellers want as much as possible just depends on how bad you or the want what they are after.

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
Well you are all right about the obvious body damage, the rear bar had been replaced at some stage and front guard had been repaired by insurance where someone hit the old girl, nothing major but some rust as it lived outside near the beach. 74K is verified by rego inspection receipts, anyway's doubt the daughter lied about getting her license in it (she is about 38 now) and I spent about 1hr the old lady (about 80) she told me how she was talked into buying a V8 etc etc, even patted the car said "good bye old friend"....
Anyway enough of the thread steal, if you guys are that interested in the car I will start a new thread or have a mod separate this one please :) as the car does need some TLC but might move on if the car is not worth modding as I own it now.
Cheers guys.

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
Was it only the VH that had the bar extensions to the wheel arch?

No, all VB-VH SL/Es got them. Also VH SS's too, although they are painted.

This one has a VH SL/E item, not the original VB item.

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
The strips on VH's are thicker and VB's, VC's are slimmer.

Tim Vent

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC SLE COMMODORE
As the title says I have my eye on a 308 VB SLE and am interested in swapping my other car for it.

I just want to know how much roughly they are worth so I don't go getting ripped off.

It's in primer, no Rego or RWC, 158,000km, and is an auto.

I have around $2500 to $3000 advertised on my other car, so do you reckon the VB is worth that?