Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone tried an AquaPulsar ignition system??

drewVHSS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
stores.ebay.com.au
Members Ride
'83 VH SS, '79 Green VB SL '92 S2 VQ Caprice
looks like something i'd love to have, but i've been burnt before and i'm still not convinced it's not "snake oil"
I'll 2nd your question, i'd love to hear from anyone who's used one or played around with one too.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6

bpefi

Tech
Reaction score
Members Ride
Hilux Ute - Vs Ecotech Engine
Got onto their Facebook site & then to their news blog - this was the Gist of it

Our ardent fans and energy efficiency enthusiasts around the world will be glad to know that we’re finally back with a new line of products!

Aquapulser was under a cloud where rogue factions of the company plotted mutiny, hijacked our youtube account and started selling similar products under a different brand and website. But anyone who has followed this space will remember that Aquapulser is the original plasma ignition company that came out with the RPG4700, and we’re well and truly back with an exciting future ahead.

The SparkAmp products were designed from the ground up by Aquapulser Engineering – our second generation plasma platform. We have had many refinements and fixes through our testing, and as of today we’re proud to announce that we’re going into production. You can rest assured that any units you buy from our web site are genuine products that we stand behind. We encourage us to ask questions about the engineering behind the units.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Aquapulser/176876832797?sk=wall

http://twitter.com/#!/aquapulser

Official Aquapulser Blog

Last edited:

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
What you need to look at to check the authenticity of their products will only be found on an independent forum not controlled by the company - all the forums/blogs/twitter sites mentioned above are controlled by the company, and they simply filter or vet what goes in their sites and delete anything detrimental. I always ask myself if this product is so good, why aren't they fitted to new cars on the production line? You pays your money and you takes your choice

bpefi

Tech
Reaction score
Members Ride
Hilux Ute - Vs Ecotech Engine
What you need to look at to check the authenticity of their products will only be found on an independent forum not controlled by the company - all the forums/blogs/twitter sites mentioned above are controlled by the company, and they simply filter or vet what goes in their sites and delete anything detrimental. I always ask myself if this product is so good, why aren't they fitted to new cars on the production line? You pays your money and you takes your choice

I know what your saying but - Cars are built to a price with standards & design emission rules in mind - they have always been lacking in some areas which is why we have such a strong aftermarket industry - if you asked yourself that every time you looked at something you wouldn't have anything extra on your car... If I thought like that then I wouldn't have ever done any of the modifications to my cars which give me better drive ability / power & fuel economy.. Sometimes you just have to take a chance.

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
by there comparision there saying MSD is better than stock, well we all know MSD coils provide no advantage over stock, really once the fuel is ignited how big your spark is doesn't mean jack all. Also they state there systems supply 30amps per plug vs 200ma for MSD, poor alternator keeping up the supply to those coils wont be saving you fuel.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
. Also they state there systems supply 30amps per plug vs 200ma for MSD, poor alternator keeping up the supply to those coils wont be saving you fuel.

Nigel, read the specs again - it's actually 200 amps per plug ...not 30 amps. Dunno where they get their figures from.

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
arh i was reading in the faq page somewhere i think so must incorrect somewhere in there!