Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask The Copper

potshots007

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN series II custom :) and VZ exec
hey there, just a question, i just got a few fines in the mail, like normal, i was just wondering if there was any photos taken or whatever that i could get from the station, pretty sure they from a traffic copper, and also my mum was driving my car and got a fine but its in my name, what can i do about that? or do i just have to take the wrap?

oh yeah im live in Victoria

cheers, nick

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
This is a question inspired from another thread. Say someone fills up at a servo, the big sign out the front says $1.11.4cpl, but the pump only says .0.11.4cpl. The person fills their tank, it costs them less than $5. They go to pay, The console operator says that will be $4.85, the person pays and levases. Does this legally make the customer a criminal if they knew it should have been priced higher? Or is it a case of the servo f$%^ing up and more of a moral issue?

R0d

Reaction score
Members Ride
cammed vu maloo r8
This is a question inspired from another thread. Say someone fills up at a servo, the big sign out the front says $1.11.4cpl, but the pump only says .0.11.4cpl. The person fills their tank, it costs them less than $5. They go to pay, The console operator says that will be $4.85, the person pays and levases. Does this legally make the customer a criminal if they knew it should have been priced higher? Or is it a case of the servo f$%^ing up and more of a moral issue?

yeah answer this because the guy kept saying i was a criminal if i did it and it made me cry because he kept calling me one.

freddys

Reaction score
hey there, just a question, i just got a few fines in the mail, like normal, i was just wondering if there was any photos taken or whatever that i could get from the station, pretty sure they from a traffic copper, and also my mum was driving my car and got a fine but its in my name, what can i do about that? or do i just have to take the wrap?

oh yeah im live in Victoria

cheers, nick

get your mum to fill in the decleration on the back of the fine with all her details and she will then recieve the fine in her name

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4

I too would like to hear the answer to this from an official source. My understanding is that its their mistake and they have to wear it, but it would be nice to find out whether this is true or not. :)

smokey_dj

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 vn series 2 exec [URMONY] & 93 vp calais
yeah you go by the price signed at the pump really you should tell them b4 you fill up but how many of us look at the sign think beauty then just fill up only looking at the cash amount on the bowser

smokey_dj

Reaction score
Members Ride
and about the fines mate now in victoria they are required to send a pic out of the offecne with the area and everything noted if they dont call up tenex (i think is the operators now) or just easyer call vic rds and ask them who to contact when you get that person ask to be sent the pics the fines will be suspended till you sign for the pics if another car or just a licence plate is also in those pics the fines are then null and void

VicCop

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Commodore SV6 SII

Civil matter - not a police matter :D

smokey_dj

Reaction score
Members Ride
helly ludacris vic cop any others of you on here here is a link to a bit of trouble i ran into the other night trying to do the right thing in a business fire (milkbar) situation.
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=47585

i asked in that thread if you guys could give your opinion on where do i stand or whats your veiw on this matterand as i said for you guys and the civillian memebers i dont want a shitstorm us v police thread out of it or and dont get me wrong in saying this you guys backing up each other as collegues if you think the detective was being too full on about it

thanks guys look forward to your answers in that thread would be better for a response and much appreciated

helly

FUZZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SSV Ute Poison Ivy...
helly ludacris vic cop any others of you on here here is a link to a bit of trouble i ran into the other night trying to do the right thing in a business fire (milkbar) situation.
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=47585

i asked in that thread if you guys could give your opinion on where do i stand or whats your veiw on this matterand as i said for you guys and the civillian memebers i dont want a shitstorm us v police thread out of it or and dont get me wrong in saying this you guys backing up each other as collegues if you think the detective was being too full on about it

thanks guys look forward to your answers in that thread would be better for a response and much appreciated

Mate I'll try and put myself in his shoes and tell you what he's thnking (you didn't go into a heap of detail so I'm just doing my best with what I read)...

I'm here talking to a bloke that was hanging around the area late at night. Goes home, comes back out an 1/2 an hour to an hour later and smells smoke. Runs to the shop and starts touching windows. Raises the alarm and is ssen by people running away from the store after an explosion is heard.

Right, now why did he need to tell me that his prints are gunna be everywhere? Did I ask him? Probably not! Why was he up and out of his house at that hour? Where had he been before? What's his history (Good Boy/Bad Boy)?

Mate I've gotta say, I would have you in the frame too. But you shouldn't take offence to it. See if we just believe that everyone is a top bloke then we'd never look into anything.

I'd say he has enough to make him want to have a closer look at you, for sure. At that time he was speaking to you, you don't know what other information he has. Maybe someone from the neigbourhood rang up and gave you up as a possible suspect becasue they saww you about earlier or saw you running away just when they looked out the window after all the comotion. Who knows??? I wasn't there.

And remember he may not know you from a bar of soap. He probably wouldn't have a clue what type of bloke you are...

Anyway, don't take it personally. I'd say, if he didn't have a closer look at you that he wasn't doing his job mate. Sure he's probably on the completely wrong track, but that's just what happens sometimes. You do your civic duty and assist them and they get on with it and move on to the next bloke on their list untill they hopefully get the ones responsible.

If he was rude to you or something or agressive then hey he's a dick. But if he just told you that he reckons you did it then, he's porbably just looking for a reaction to test the waters and confirm what he may or may not already know...

I'll tell you that anyone that comes up to me at a crime scene and starts telling me that they'll have prints at the scene, leaves a lasting impression...