Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask The Copper

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
I nearly got caught out on one of these the other day. There's a lot of intersections like this where I live, and driving out of a shopping centre on sunday I came to an intersection in a 70kmh zone where the lights were obscured from vision by an overhead bridge until they were fairly near. I wanted to turn right, and at first glance I saw that there was a green straight through, and no red right arrow. So I got closer to the intersection, then saw that the only reason there was no red right arrow was because the damn thing was broken. I saw the red arrow on one of the other light poles and managed to stop just before the line, very nearly locked up the brakes on that one.

haha I was caught in a situation similar to this one.. turning left at a set of lights with a green light and the only arrows were orange and red. The orange arrow had gone out, so there I was turning left with a green light and then BAM! a red arrow from nowhere. :p

VicCop

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Commodore SV6 SII
Thats just like the guy who was asleep in his car because he was drunk, had the keys in the ignition to have the heater on, and got done drink driving! Its a rare occurrence!

Is there anymore to the story you want to tell? (such as how did they know you were even in a car?)

Can't be done. There's County Court case law to say otherwise.

Same situation occurred here in Victoria. The driver was completely asleep, in the driver seat, keys in the ignition and engine running.

He was charged with drink driving (being in charge). The driver appealled it at County Court where the judge deemed that a person who is asleep cannot be 'in charge'.

Junny

purrrrrr
Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII Maloo + shitty painted vp
Thats just like the guy who was asleep in his car because he was drunk, had the keys in the ignition to have the heater on, and got done drink driving! Its a rare occurrence!

Is there anymore to the story you want to tell? (such as how did they know you were even in a car?)

finger prints?
just tried to do a good deed. also. i had my car then... why would i be stealing cars for =]

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Can't be done. There's County Court case law to say otherwise.

Same situation occurred here in Victoria. The driver was completely asleep, in the driver seat, keys in the ignition and engine running.

He was charged with drink driving (being in charge). The driver appealled it at County Court where the judge deemed that a person who is asleep cannot be 'in charge'.
He must have had a **** lawyer then!

finger prints?
just tried to do a good deed. also. i had my car then... why would i be stealing cars for =]
Like i said before, there must be more to the story. They wouldn't arrest you just because theres finger prints in your car (or was it someone elses car you were just conveniently locking for them?)

Mick_VT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec

Like i said before, there must be more to the story. They wouldn't arrest you just because theres finger prints in your car (or was it someone elses car you were just conveniently locking for them?)

I dont see how this lawyer is ****. The person in this case was not charged. A good lawyer indeed if they have set a precedent.

If you are locking someones car I'm not sure how you could leave fingerprints inside the car. ( apart from the interior door lock )

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
I dont see how this lawyer is ****. The person in this case was not charged. A good lawyer indeed if they have set a precedent.

Sorry i ment the other case where the guy was convicted, not the case Viccop mentioned ;)

Junny

purrrrrr
Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII Maloo + shitty painted vp

haha you should become one of them interrogation cops.
nah thats all to it
it was stolen. just not by me. and i didnt know it was.

If you are locking someones car I'm not sure how you could leave fingerprints inside the car. ( apart from the interior door lock )

the cops pin me down for it. coz of the stuff i caused when i was a younging back in dande.
they aiight to me now. oh yer. i got out the next day when i got remanded =.= so all good

adzy's vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Executive Wagon
need some help here!

other nite i got done for street racing and improper use of motor vehicle, car got impounded and im wondering whats the consequences of this besides me loosing my license, or for how long will i loose it for?? btw i hav a clean record

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
depends on the judge, but license will probly be gone for atleast 6 months, maybe community service and a big fine

pete_car

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 Acclaim
depends how fast you were going and if they caught you for speeding or careless driving

i got a year suspension, 1000 fine, ordered to do a defensive driving course and also must abide by a good behavior bond for 1 year