Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask The Copper

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
MERC W124 / toys WB tonner WB Panelvan project
Police would rather book you doing 105 kms in a hundred zone than doing 75 kms in the hundred zone .
At 75 in a hundred zone they are considered a safe driver regardless of the tail back behind them or the problems they cause to merging traffic at on ramps or other drivers wishing to get around them safely havent seen or heard of too many drivers being booked for under the speed limit yet plenty have been booked for 3 kms or more over the limit ......

VicCop

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Commodore SV6 SII
my question 'vic cop'....

When will the police start pulling people over and fining people who ALWAYS hog the right lane????

i always stay in the left lane but when i need to overtake i do so, but its frustrating when people sit on 80 or 90km/h in the right lane and hold up the traffic..its just farkn annoyin...Its the law and i see more and more people braking it, yet i still dont see police taking action..

Believe me, this issue frustrates me to no end. As recent as today I've had this same problem. The rules are pretty simple in relation to the right lane. If the speed limit is more than 80 km/h, keep left unless overtaking except when traffic is congested.

I come across it all the time personally. Although the way I monster up behind people they get out of my way pretty quick. When I'm at work I don't have the chance to ticket people because when they see a police car everyone jumps into the left pretty quick.

My rule of thumb is that if someone is in the right lane, the minute I start to see cars having to pass them on the left and they have more than enough chance to move over, they cop the ticket.

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
MERC W124 / toys WB tonner WB Panelvan project
wish more police had the same attitude and common sense .

VicCop

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Commodore SV6 SII
Tonight I nearly gave one but he moved out of my way just in time. South Gippsland Highway down past Tooradin. He sat there with me hanging off his tow bar for over a kilometer then finally twigged that the speed limit was back up to 100.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Just on a continuation of the current topic (right lane rules over 80km/h). If there is very light traffic and barely anyone on the road, can you still get a ticket for sitting in the right lane? I usually go for the middle regardless, and stay on the left if congested like the Eastern Fwy in the mornings.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
yeah i stick to the left where i can, but i prefer the middle if its empty. it simply gives me the benefit of having two lane choices if something occurs further up the road

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Tonight I nearly gave one but he moved out of my way just in time. South Gippsland Highway down past Tooradin. He sat there with me hanging off his tow bar for over a kilometer then finally twigged that the speed limit was back up to 100.

Tailgating ay.....:rofl2:

VicCop

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Commodore SV6 SII
Just on a continuation of the current topic (right lane rules over 80km/h). If there is very light traffic and barely anyone on the road, can you still get a ticket for sitting in the right lane? I usually go for the middle regardless, and stay on the left if congested like the Eastern Fwy in the mornings.

If it's congested you can use either lane. If not, it's stick to the left unless overtaking. I'd suggest that no matter what, don't get into undertaking which is passing on the left. It's dangerous.

Tailgating ay.....:rofl2:

I call it giving a gentle hint ;)