Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask The Copper

Bizmark

Reaction score
Members Ride
93' Pov-Pac
I have a question about bus lanes.

Are car drivers legally allowed to enter the last 50m or so of a bus lane (I have seen parts where the lines are broken instead of the usual solid white), where afterwards it turns back into a normal lane, or are we not legally allowed to enter a marked bus lane at any point?

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
I have a question about bus lanes.

Are car drivers legally allowed to enter the last 50m or so of a bus lane

I would say no based on information taken from this site (I noticed you are in Vic) Buses : VicRoads

Drivers must not drive in a bus lane, except:

for up to 100 metres when entering or leaving the road. For example: when turning in or out of a driveway, a service road or to turn at an intersection.
to overtake a vehicle that is turning right or making a U-turn from the centre of the road.
when information on the bus lane sign indicates that other vehicles may use the lane. For example: in a shared bus/bike lane or part-time bus lane with limited hours of operation.
when it is necessary to avoid an obstruction. For example: if a broken-down vehicle or fallen branch is blocking the road.
if they are a driver of a public bus.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
If you have deleted the maf then definite fail.

Reaper

Nah nothing to do with my car. My brother is looking at buying a VZ SS, and the one he likes has an OTR. Just wondering if the owner would need to take it off to pass R/W.

97VTSS

I read on here somewhere that if the low beam headlights don't come on with the high beam lights it's un roadworthy. True or False??????

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
I read on here somewhere that if the low beam headlights don't come on with the high beam lights it's un roadworthy. True or False??????

It's impossible to turn your high beams on (unless you hold the stalk) without your headlights on.

Ghost

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Commodore berlina Sedan 1996
It's impossible to turn your high beams on (unless you hold the stalk) without your headlights on.

What he means is when he switches on highbeam the low beams switch off its a common problem for vt and vy projector lights just corrected mine today

97VTSS

Read the post!!!!!
Is it legal NOT to have the low beams on with the high beams.........(when you switch your lights on).
OR-- Do both high and low beams have to be on when switched to high beam.
I don't know how else to put it.

VicCop

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Commodore SV6 SII
Read the post!!!!!
Is it legal NOT to have the low beams on with the high beams.........(when you switch your lights on).
OR-- Do both high and low beams have to be on when switched to high beam.
I don't know how else to put it.

As far as I'm concerned you just need to have headlights at night.