Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask The Copper

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
I would guess that that is ridiculous; if anything, driving in thongs should be illegal

Pretty sure it is, Driving in loose shoes is apparently illegal, hopefully it can be confirmed aswell.

VicCop

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Commodore SV6 SII
Just something I heard..

If you join the Police force, and are on your P plates. Are you exempt from P plate restrictions both on and off duty?

Only time we're exempt from anything is if driving in the course of duty.

So me blasting down the street to grab the morning paper and busting red lights, kinda doesn't cut it.

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
hey, my mates been charges with reckless driving, hes acting cool with it but im a bit worried cos dad told me that you can go to jail for it, is this true?

mike49

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR, VX, VN Commodore's
hey

a mate of mine was video taped while doing a burnout (shows the no. plate and all) and the guy that video taped it threatened to hand it in to the cops unless he gives him $50.

if the video was handed in would you arrest em etc?
and that $50 thing, is that even legal?

H1GHROLLR

CHEMICALLY SUPERCHARGED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX CLUBSPORT R8 LS1
IS nitrous illegal to have on your car if the bottle is not in the car p.s im in WA and i have had my NOS set up on various cars for years i always hide the set up though

Stretcher Bearer

A.R.N.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 SOCOG Exec 9C1
Only time we're exempt from anything is if driving in the course of duty.

So me blasting down the street to grab the morning paper and busting red lights, kinda doesn't cut it.

From memory you need a full licence to join the Police. Then again the ambo's are recruiting P platers.....

Thats-How-We-Roll

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VZ V6 Ute On 20z
Yeah, was thinking that! They belong to Hell's Angels or something hey? :p From what my driving instructor told me two years ago, in Vic, that any lights, other than driving lights factory fitted (or some driving lights fitted otherwise) were the only legal thing allowed. Neons, as stated are illegal when turned on, but can be fitted so long as they are off while moving. I guess maybe now though police may see it as a waste of time fining people because many a people have them?

hmm well im from rochy, and i (used to) drive my subaru around with red neons on in echuca and bendigo and was never hit up... wait soz there was one time but got off cos the cop liked my excuse... haha i said i wanted to be more recognised at night and visible and shes like ok fair enough have a good night lol :thumbsup:

And_ROOS

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV +6
hey

a mate of mine was video taped while doing a burnout (shows the no. plate and all) and the guy that video taped it threatened to hand it in to the cops unless he gives him $50.

If you can view the tape, and can't clearly make out the driver or license plates of the car or anything that can be attributed to him (i.e his name painted on the car) then id be telling the bloke extortion is for fags.

That or tell him if he hands the tape in, your mate will dob the recorder in for stalking ;)

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
hey

it sounds a bit like blackmail to me, although to the other guy's credit, he has your mate on video and it sounds like your mate only has the strength of his word when it comes to proving that he was asked for $50.