Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask The Copper

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
I was told weighbridge printouts aren't accepted anymore due to the fact you can pack lead plate etc in your car under carpet to jack the weight up and get away with things like this?

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
I was told weighbridge printouts aren't accepted anymore due to the fact you can pack lead plate etc in your car under carpet to jack the weight up and get away with things like this?

They should go by the manufactured curb weight, not a weighbridge or rego sticker weight.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Yeah i know, hence why i want my rego sticker changed to 1610, but not sure if Vicroads will do that even with proof that the car is mine and it weighs 1610 from my owners compendium. But i guess someone there could come outside and check the cars VIN etc etc against the book and have it changed.

SamssuperVT

VT Calais L67
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais 1999 Supercharged
hey mr. police officer just wondering whats the law for how much bigger your rims can to be from your standard ones? some people say that you can only go 2 inches higher, some people say 1 inch, some people say it doesnt metta how big you go?...im buying a vt calais and i was planning to put on some 19" and now im not sure..im from vitoria by the way i dont know where you are and i dont know how to check im new to this website. cheers

Acclaim96

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
Ok heres a question. I put those Ultra blue H4 lights on my car and on the packaging they say not for road use. so question is it illegal to have them???

Stretcher Bearer

A.R.N.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 SOCOG Exec 9C1
Ok heres a question. I put those Ultra blue H4 lights on my car and on the packaging they say not for road use. so question is it illegal to have them???

Yes. Unless they have ADR approval they are illegal. However if an approved globe is fitted and it is still startling to other drivers then it could be too.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe

illegal yes, but the only problem you should have will be if you;re in an accident and insurance is after something to deny your claim.

i run crystal vision globes in mine, have for a few years now, not one problem with having them in. the only mention was when they were turned off, with the sun reflecting off them nicely, the blue really stands out in the reflector, had one officer tell me to change them til i explained they lit up white. wearing my autobarn work shirt probably helped, as he started chatting about how many people think theyre legal because we're allowed to sell them.

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
quick question for viccop and anybody who is a police officer in act/nsw.

a few mates and myself are planning on driving to summernats in jan and i'm just wondering what the law is in vic and act/nsw regarding alcohol in the car.

ie. whether its no opened bottles or passengers can drink etc.

cheers

VicCop

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Commodore SV6 SII
quick question for viccop and anybody who is a police officer in act/nsw.

a few mates and myself are planning on driving to summernats in jan and i'm just wondering what the law is in vic and act/nsw regarding alcohol in the car.

ie. whether its no opened bottles or passengers can drink etc.

cheers

The only issue you might have is in some council areas where there are local bylaws prohibiting open containers.

Other than that you can drink up in the car. Even the driver can. Problem is when you stop and blow the reading will be off the charts because of the mouth alcohol. However by the time you go to an evidentiary breath test the true reading will show. Even if you're under it's still a hassle having to go through that process.

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
Yep, I've heard of this happening.

If I gave a good reason why I blew so high, would you ever sit on the side of the road for 5 minutes and have another blow of the breatho? Just to avoid the hassle of going back to the shop etc.