Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask the EX-Holden Technician

Status
Not open for further replies.

gibbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota Hilux 3.8l vs v6 & 4L60E
just changed the battery in a vp commodore
ignition lights stay on ..engine light , oil and battery...when ignition is turned OFF
when u do turn the key it wont kick over
getting power to every thing as if the key is turned on ..but key is off
its also priming fuel pump when you remove the positive lead and put it back on(all dash lights still on ..key still off)
there is a funny high pitched noise under the bonnet to
when u remove the fuel pump fuse all the lights on the dash go off...(key off) ...turn the key to start it and the all lights come up as usual ....fuel pump primes but wont kik over

so every thing is getting power as if to start when the key is off...but it wont kik over

its not the ignition barrel..jus changed it

changed ecu to 1 that definitely works

checked all relays and fuses (the fuel pump fuse was blown but now replaced)

check all the earth wires near the battery? Maybe one has come loose.

vyguy05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S2
Help

My Vy executive S2 overheating lastnight, however it had only been running for 5mins, so the engine wasnt even hot, there is no leaks in the radiator, however there now seems to be a leak in the reservoir. I didnt think that this would cause the radiator to lose coolant and overheat but do you think this is the case?

Help!!! Thanks :yeah:

Also my keyless entry works an all doors except the drivers door which you have to unlock via the key as well as lock via the key or it sets the alarm of as the door stays unlocked. What would be causing this?

robp

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v8 ute
crank angle sensor

Hi do you have to remove the harmonic balancer to replace crank angle sensor thanks Rob

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Hi do you have to remove the harmonic balancer to replace crank angle sensor thanks Rob

Yes.

(10 Characters)

teebo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr 2 v6 stock shita
brown water

tonight i pulled my commodore 97 vt up to drop my son off and the temp gauge went straight up to hot like with in 10 seconds. i had to move my car off drive way and then turned it back off and then when i parked it all this horrible light brown stuff was on the road. well i figure it was a mix of oil water and coolant. it came out the place where you put the coolant in. when the car cooled down i took radiator cap off and more of this stuff come out of there. i only had car for 4 months and love it. has been running perfect with out missing a beat till that moment i pulled up. what do you think it is. your advice will be greatly appreciated.
sonia

Could be a blown head gasket.

teebo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr 2 v6 stock shita
remove harmonic balancer to change crank sensor

Yes you do to get the vains and sensor protector off, on my car anyway - vrv6.

LP2906

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII HSV Clubsport
Remote door and boot locks

Recently I have had a couple of intermitent episodes with the remote keys that I think MIGHT all be related;
1. The front passenger door occassionally wont open when I press the remote on either (both) of my keys - At first I thought it was the central locking actuator, but then...
2. On some occassions NONE of the doors would unlock when I used the remote... Opening the drivers door manually with the key clears the problem, then the remotes are OK again... but now...
3. Whilst all of the doors are currently working fine, the electronic boot release won't work (either by key or from the glovebox mounted button), so I have to use the emergency release that I access through the rear seat and the boot opens fine (so I don't think it's the lock/catch mechinism)...
So, am I right to assume that it is some sort of electronic gremlin, or this maybe a symptom of the key batteries failing???

stevevt18

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s
Vt central locking

hi there all

just wondering if anyone can help.
when i lock my doors only 3 lock leaving the rear passenger side un locked i have replaced the power module with no success does anyone no the anser
cheers

kim80y

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN 5ltr VS ecotech
Hello

Hey Rob, any news on the VP memcal, havent heard and was starting to think you may have died or something, email me PLEASE :thumbsup:

samxe5800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II SS
Hi Dr Bob. I own a VX Series II SS Commodore with 5.7 litre Gen3 and auto. I have an intermittent problem with starting the car - when the engine has been sitting hot for 1 - 2 hours and i attempt to start it it seems to pre-ignite and cough and splutter. It will then sometimes stall or sometimes slowly work it's way up to idle. On one occasion when it sputtered and died, it took a lot of cranking before it would start again. Cold starts are not a problem at all. Is this a hot fuel/fuel vapour problem? Is there any way that you think I could fix this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.