Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask the EX-Holden Technician

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
Fuel Pump Failure:

Helpppp...
my car holden calais 2.6cc (engine type as omega B)...need to find out is there any fuel pump suitable to this model...since i have a problem to get this parts in Malaysia....

thank you

sorry we dont have any part listings for export cars, try emailing Holden Parts Technical, they may be able to help

otwaq

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Lexcen V6
I'm tryin to replace he front bushes of the tension strut in my vn. And i'm havin trouble gettin the old one/s out....help?

Cheers, Otwaq

PietroChocko

Nurses do it better.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Was a VN Executive 5.0, but now a Ford Laser Auto.
Dear Doctor Bob,

1. What's the worst, most gross thing you've found when fixing a car? I.e. mouldy chips

2. What model of Holden (any) did you notice had the worst faults?

3. Any common faults you'd see that should've made a recall?

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
I'm tryin to replace he front bushes of the tension strut in my vn. And i'm havin trouble gettin the old one/s out....help?

Cheers, Otwaq

they may be rusted onto the rods
try CRC

nuskoolVP

cookiezncremeVP
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VPcommodore purple
Is this bad idea?

hey pplz..
was just asking for some tips about my vp..
itz on dual fuel
but i want to take out the gas tank n everything that comes with it for my car just to run back on petrol..
i want to do this because i want to deck out my boot with sum amps n subwooferz for a project me and some mates hav been thinking bout
but was just wondering who or how can i get it taken out from my car...??
do i hav to take it to a special mechanic or anything?somebody let me know..

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Your best bet would be to take it to a licensed gas workshop.

ndb001

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim
VT Steering problem

Hi, I've just bought a VT wagon, I took it in for a major service and wheel alignment as it was pretty crooked and the steering wheel was on a sever angle when going straight. When I got the car back the wheel was back to straight but I notced that when I braked the car pulled hard to the left, then when I accelerated again the steering wheel would hold on an angle, when I went over a bump on the road or pulled hard to the right there is a clunking noise and the car springs hard to the right and then the steering is straight again. I took it into the place tha serviced it and they said it might be ball joints and they would be 300 each to repair? The costs are starting to add up on this car and I am hoping this isn't a major problem??

Any advice would be handy.

esca_ByDesign

Clean and Classy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec By Design
hey just a quick one,

i am buying new cv8 18" rims for my vs commodore. i was just wondering if they would slip straight on or would i need off sets as someone told me you need them or something.

any help would be great

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Hi, I've just bought a VT wagon, I took it in for a major service and wheel alignment as it was pretty crooked and the steering wheel was on a sever angle when going straight. When I got the car back the wheel was back to straight but I notced that when I braked the car pulled hard to the left, then when I accelerated again the steering wheel would hold on an angle, when I went over a bump on the road or pulled hard to the right there is a clunking noise and the car springs hard to the right and then the steering is straight again. I took it into the place tha serviced it and they said it might be ball joints and they would be 300 each to repair? The costs are starting to add up on this car and I am hoping this isn't a major problem??

Any advice would be handy.

$300 is a rip off. $100 each - fitted, would be fair.

Dum*P*ster

Moist
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SIDI
Hey champ! Was wondering if you can grab me a Holden shirt ( I will pay :p ) ?? :) The dealers up ere dont wana do it. Mackay Holden Dealers = Bad

Status
Not open for further replies.