Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask the EX-Holden Technician

Status
Not open for further replies.

adam69

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Clubby
swapped the globes with one that works and still no go.

S

Sorak

Hi Dr Bob,

What kind of oil should I use in my VS with about 230K on the clock?

Thanks

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
Hi Dr Bob,

What kind of oil should I use in my VS with about 230K on the clock?

Thanks

use whatever is recommended in the owners book, brand is a matter of personal choice & whatever you want to pay for it.

Rob

ICUBYE

Do I Smell Burnin Rubber?
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais 5.0Litre '96 Series 1
Hi Dr Bob,

the problem with the rear end is that when i got the camber kit installed at ttf to correct my rear passenger wheel as it was leaning in. they can't get it corrected they have the drivers side at 1.1 and the passenger at 2.2.

Would this indicate that something is bent in the rear end of my car or a dodgy camber kit installed?

Also i keep blowing the 20A engine fuse under the bonnet, this only happens when im in reverse and i give it a little too much acceleration, only to about 1,500 - 2,000rpm at the most.

This happened 10 times on friday afternoon because i had to reverse up a hill out of a carpark, once i was out the car would not hold rev's, i put it into drive and the rev's dropped and the car stalled, it did this all the way home around 30kms. i had to drive with my foot on the brake when i came to a stop and hold the rev's at 1,500rpm to 2,000rpm... i started the car like 6 hours later and it still did it, i did not touch it all weekend and it starts fine now... have you hany idea on the problem?????

Cheers...

S

Sorak

use whatever is recommended in the owners book, brand is a matter of personal choice & whatever you want to pay for it.

Rob

Thanks Rob,

But with the engine having done this many K's (220+) should I be using a thicker oil?

Cheers

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
Thanks Rob,

But with the engine having done this many K's (220+) should I be using a thicker oil?

Cheers

Only if it is tired, if it sounds ok just go with normal oils.

Rob

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Hello, I'm currently in need i think of a mother ****er tune and a half. Pretty much all has been done in tune wise plugs,leads,filters,oil,oxygen sensor,fuel reg, new injectors,Fuel filter. But the dam thing runs sick on idle, Has lost low down power and picked up what feels like a boost in the middle strange?.
Anyway with all i have done to it it's not that sharp at the moment, Any idea ? Dyno tune?

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
Hi Dr Bob,

the problem with the rear end is that when i got the camber kit installed at ttf to correct my rear passenger wheel as it was leaning in. they can't get it corrected they have the drivers side at 1.1 and the passenger at 2.2.

Would this indicate that something is bent in the rear end of my car or a dodgy camber kit installed?

Also i keep blowing the 20A engine fuse under the bonnet, this only happens when im in reverse and i give it a little too much acceleration, only to about 1,500 - 2,000rpm at the most.

This happened 10 times on friday afternoon because i had to reverse up a hill out of a carpark, once i was out the car would not hold rev's, i put it into drive and the rev's dropped and the car stalled, it did this all the way home around 30kms. i had to drive with my foot on the brake when i came to a stop and hold the rev's at 1,500rpm to 2,000rpm... i started the car like 6 hours later and it still did it, i did not touch it all weekend and it starts fine now... have you hany idea on the problem?????

Cheers...

not sure on the camber kit, what did the aligner say about it?

what fuse is blowing?

the idle thing sounds likethe iacv is sticking or something, bit hard to say without seeing it.

Rob

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
Hello, I'm currently in need i think of a mother ****er tune and a half. Pretty much all has been done in tune wise plugs,leads,filters,oil,oxygen sensor,fuel reg, new injectors,Fuel filter. But the dam thing runs sick on idle, Has lost low down power and picked up what feels like a boost in the middle strange?.
Anyway with all i have done to it it's not that sharp at the moment, Any idea ? Dyno tune?

hard to say, is the fuel pressure good?
have you had the codes checked?
a dyno tune will cost heaps & they may not even do it with it running so poorly.
i think get it checked by someone with some experience in this particular model.

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.