Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask the EX-Holden Technician

Status
Not open for further replies.

ICUBYE

Do I Smell Burnin Rubber?
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais 5.0Litre '96 Series 1
not sure on the camber kit, what did the aligner say about it?

what fuse is blowing?

the idle thing sounds likethe iacv is sticking or something, bit hard to say without seeing it.

Rob

Dr. Bob, it was the 20A Engine fuse from under the bonnet.

The alligner said the best he could get it was 2.2 on the passenger side and 1.1 on the driver side, i asked why he couldn;t get it right and he said thats the best we could do, i said well i paid $360 for a camberkit and he said yes it corrected it alot but not fully.

I just wanted to know if there is something else i can do.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
Dr. Bob, it was the 20A Engine fuse from under the bonnet.

The alligner said the best he could get it was 2.2 on the passenger side and 1.1 on the driver side, i asked why he couldn;t get it right and he said thats the best we could do, i said well i paid $360 for a camberkit and he said yes it corrected it alot but not fully.

I just wanted to know if there is something else i can do.

try another alignment place

the fuse could be any number of things, best get it checked by an autoelec

Rob

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
hard to say, is the fuel pressure good?
have you had the codes checked?
a dyno tune will cost heaps & they may not even do it with it running so poorly.
i think get it checked by someone with some experience in this particular model.

Rob
It's kind of hard to explain. Of late 50% of the time when you go to start it first thing in the morn, It might loose revs and stall. Then the pump will buzz for 10 seconds, then start it up and it's fine. It drives great it's found wanting at times for low power like it's slipping but it's not. Then the burst of speed in the middle rev range is like a turbo boost. It idles fine when your driving it really runs fine, Park it and the idle can be a touch off, If you lift the bonnet you can see looking at the engine it's missing a touch. Then if you turn it off when it's warm and go back to it 5-10 or more later the idle is sick till you drive off.
Even when there seems to be a loss of power it will not chug like it's missing when you are moving, It doesn't seem to run rich but it's getting more like 400km to a full now when before it was more 450km. It doesn't smoke or stink of fuel. Then i might have a day or 2 it's like it's old self?.
I reset the ECU 2 days ago and it started like it always did perfect. Next day back to it's sick self on cold start. I also changed the throttle body i forgot to mention.
Cause i got a sports system and done all the other things i mentioned i was told i might need the tune, But how expensive is it:D.
I'm going too see a friend who is a mechanic this weekend he is going too have a look but i have this filling it's ecu or coil pack as it's up and down.

5 speed VR

Green Machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr V6 Exc 5 spd
hey Doctor bob
im getting a lsd off a vr v8. just wanted to make sure it will go on my vr v6? Also if you can take the centre out or do u have to fit the whole thing axles and all?

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Hey Doctor Bob,

Im dropping in FIT 1.9:1 Roller rockers, and was wondering what the torque settings for the roller rocker bolts are??

Cheers

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
Hey Doctor Bob,

Im dropping in FIT 1.9:1 Roller rockers, and was wondering what the torque settings for the roller rocker bolts are??

Cheers

VT Specs are
11 to 19 mm & 87 to 93 degrees

i imagine VS are similar
Rob

P

ptal

ECM Connections

Hey Doc,
Do you have a VR V8 Auto ECM wiring by any chance? I posted in Wiring if u want details.
Thanks
Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.