Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask the EX-Holden Technician

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
hey mate,
driving a vy equip and is now running in dual fuel. the "check engine" warning light comes on once or twice a day and is due to the o2 sensors not realising its lpg running through.
can this be fixed or do i have to live with the warning?
also i how can i change my computer to use the digital speedo?
thanks,

if its a non genuine gas system take it to them & get it fixed, if its setup correctly it shouldnt log codes.
to get the digital speedo on the dash you need a dealer to enable police mode in the instrument cluster.

Rob

blue vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy equip
thanks for that rob i have booked in my car for the gas place to have another look at it.
will all dealerships change it over to the police mode and will they charge me much? thanks again

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
thanks for that rob i have booked in my car for the gas place to have another look at it.
will all dealerships change it over to the police mode and will they charge me much? thanks again

some dealers will give you a line about it being illegal, its not, VZ have it as standard.
cost will depend on how you butter them up if you dont know them, if you do its cool, it should take about 10 minutes, maybe $20, maybe free.
what area are you in?

stegman

Reaction score
Hi Doc
Just found this site trying to find a fix for the problem I have and I am hoping you may be able to help.
I have a VX s2 and tonight the boot decided it would not open. I opened it with the yellow tag but does not work with the key button or glove box button. Upon closer inspection and after unscrewing the latch, the cable which connects to the motorized opener is not connected to the latch to open it. All that is coming from the motor is a straight piece of cable with no hooks or anything to connect to the latch link. Is this right or is there a piece broken off. If it is right how does it connect to the link. I am able to reconnect the manual cable with the yellow tag as it has a hook on it to link thru.

many thanks for your assisstance

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
yes the cable from the actuator is broken, you need a new one

Rob

gibbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota Hilux 3.8l vs v6 & 4L60E
Rodeo, auto, check trans light comes on

My mate has a rodeo with auto, if he starts it in Park the check trans light comes on after 10-15 seconds. Turn ignition off, put it neutral, wait 10 seconds and restart it, everything is ok.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Simon

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
My mate has a rodeo with auto, if he starts it in Park the check trans light comes on after 10-15 seconds. Turn ignition off, put it neutral, wait 10 seconds and restart it, everything is ok.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Simon

its probably a fault with the trans , get the codes checked.

Rob

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
hey doc, when i put my foot on the accelerator in my vs v6 when in park or neutral she coughs and spluttlers for about a second or two (to the point of seeing the taco gauge drop low) and sounding like it will stall, i have cleaned the throttle body and iac valve with out making a noticeable difference, the only other thing i notice is when in gear it seems to hesitate up to about 2000rpm than will take off and idle seems fine other than the normal vibrations. could you shed some light.
thanks,
andrew

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
hey doc, when i put my foot on the accelerator in my vs v6 when in park or neutral she coughs and spluttlers for about a second or two (to the point of seeing the taco gauge drop low) and sounding like it will stall, i have cleaned the throttle body and iac valve with out making a noticeable difference, the only other thing i notice is when in gear it seems to hesitate up to about 2000rpm than will take off and idle seems fine other than the normal vibrations. could you shed some light.
thanks,
andrew

hard to say without driving it, it could be a misfire, it could be a crook MAF, the MAF could be dirty from an oiled air filter.
try getting a mechanic to drive it & see what they think

Rob

half

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp sedan
Hi guys, my VP has started to stall when i put it in park ,or neutral .ok in all other positions. plugs are new, not missing. idling about 900 in drive and 5-600 in park or neutral, if it doesnt stall

Status
Not open for further replies.