Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask the EX-Holden Technician

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Commodore
VZ SV6 Commodore Questions

Hi Bob,

I have a couple of questions about my 2005 VZ SV6 Commodore Update:

1. The grey paint is chipping off around the centre console and the steering wheel buttons. I have seen several threads here about this issue with varying responses from Holden dealers about Warranty replacement. Do you know what the official position is?
  2. I recently saw a message on the dash computer claiming that my car needed an "Oil Inspection" (not exact words) even though it had only been serviced a couple of months prior. I rang my dealer and he claimed this was because my car had an American version of the software and took me through the process of clearing the message. I am also pretty sure that I have the issue where the fuel gauge is a bit flakey which I have read is also software related. Will most dealers update the software on request to eliminate these issues? If so, is there a particular version of the software I should be after?
Thanks in advance.

Gorman.

=SKB=

Reaction score
Hi Bob

Just changed out the plugs in my Alloytech for NGK Platinums and fuel consumption is up 2-3 litres per 100k/s. Hoping this might be the gaps needing a recheck and not the plugs themselves. Had Bosch in it to start with. Any idea's?

Thanks in advance.

fast_5

Fast_5
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
ive been having problems with my VT recently sometimes when i indicate my lights will go off and come back on its only for a second i was wondering if u had any idea what this could be

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
Hi Bob,

I have a couple of questions about my 2005 VZ SV6 Commodore Update:

1. The grey paint is chipping off around the centre console and the steering wheel buttons. I have seen several threads here about this issue with varying responses from Holden dealers about Warranty replacement. Do you know what the official position is?
  2. I recently saw a message on the dash computer claiming that my car needed an "Oil Inspection" (not exact words) even though it had only been serviced a couple of months prior. I rang my dealer and he claimed this was because my car had an American version of the software and took me through the process of clearing the message. I am also pretty sure that I have the issue where the fuel gauge is a bit flakey which I have read is also software related. Will most dealers update the software on request to eliminate these issues? If so, is there a particular version of the software I should be after?
Thanks in advance.

Gorman.

The paint issues may be covered by warranty its up to the dealers discretion.
the main problems with this are on the radio buttons.

the "Service Engine Oil" on the display is a software fault, the instrument cluster and engine ECu need to be reprogrammed with the corrected software, this will also adress the fuel guage issues.
the engine oil life also needs to be reset when it is serviced, this needs to be done using a Tech2 tool.

the software update should be done free of charge.

Rob
Rob

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
Hi Bob

Just changed out the plugs in my Alloytech for NGK Platinums and fuel consumption is up 2-3 litres per 100k/s. Hoping this might be the gaps needing a recheck and not the plugs themselves. Had Bosch in it to start with. Any idea's?

Thanks in advance.

havent heard of any problems like this , check the gaps, if its still no good put genuine plugs back in it.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
ive been having problems with my VT recently sometimes when i indicate my lights will go off and come back on its only for a second i was wondering if u had any idea what this could be

its probably a faulty stalk

Sambo

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I took my car to my mechanic this morning as the engine was cutting off while I was driving, and the fuel tank was making a funny noise. Got the fuel pump replaced and still the car still cuts out while i m driving. My mechanic checked it out again and the fuel is flooding my engine now, and the computer needs to be tested and may need replacing..Does anyone now how much that will cost to get a new computer for my vq stato? Thanks for reading

FuzzayD

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN Executive 3.8i
I whent for a service and turns out i have a blown head gasket, i have a mechanic friend to do it for a box of stuff but what i want to know is if there is a specific gasket to buy or if there is anything thing else worth doing in there while the rocket cover is off?

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
Hi Everyone,

I took my car to my mechanic this morning as the engine was cutting off while I was driving, and the fuel tank was making a funny noise. Got the fuel pump replaced and still the car still cuts out while i m driving. My mechanic checked it out again and the fuel is flooding my engine now, and the computer needs to be tested and may need replacing..Does anyone now how much that will cost to get a new computer for my vq stato? Thanks for reading

have a look on ebay theres usually some there, the easiest way to test it is put it in another car.

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.