Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask the EX-Holden Technician

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
Hi Bob.
Lately my car has been idling a little higher than normal occasionally, around 900-1000 rpm. It always idles properly on start up and only increases after a fair bit of driving. It doesn't always idle high, just now and then, a few times a day. I cleaned the IAC valve but no difference. About the same time this started, my traction off warning light comes on nearly every day as well.
I don't know if these two things are related or a separate issues but I thought you might know where I should start looking.
Thanks Gerry.

theres too many things that can cause this sort of thing, best get the car checked for codes to see what they indicate.

Rob

9C1pack

Reaction score
Hi Dr BoB,
My Vs2 has a BWPJ memcal.
I see on your website that a BWLT, Replaces BWPJ with 93Km/h TCC Lock
Could you tell me what the problem with the TCC lock was please?

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
Hi Dr BoB,
My Vs2 has a BWPJ memcal.
I see on your website that a BWLT, Replaces BWPJ with 93Km/h TCC Lock
Could you tell me what the problem with the TCC lock was please?

some cars would generate a resonance at about 80kmh with the TCC locked, the increased lockup speed stopped it.

Rob

Flat_White

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Rolls Royce "Fantom"
Gday,

I justed did a coolant flush in my newly acquired VY Spack... after driving round a bit i realised that neither of the fans behind the radiator were actually running... so i drove a bit more and let the engine get hotter and still nothing - the engine was running at its normal temp and still no fans...

is this normal???

PS: i tested the fans by connecting them directly to the battery and they worked, so i replaced the relay and there is still nothing...

eaton v8

my little sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz 6l auto 239cam 3.9diff
the HSV's had a seperate circuit to adjust the speedo signal.
best bet is to get a jaycar adapter box

thanks for your help doc:thumbsup: are they hard to put in and how do they work

vxchev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX2 CALAIS V8
Hello Doctor Bob

Re- HSV performance brakes

I have rear 315mm discs, front 330mm disc and front mounting calipers.
I understand the calipers used by HSV are the same as C5 / Z06 corvette calipers.

My question is can I use the stock holden (Vt+VZ) abutment brackets or do I need to use the C5 abutment bracket or are they all the same?

Regards

Les

qik42c

Reaction score
Members Ride
vtss series 1
ok, i have a problem...my battery has gone flat in my vt after fitting a roof mount dvd player,and now i cant get in..my key on the buttons dosent open the drivers door and i have a vx garnish which doesent have any key hole....please help as i feel im f**ked

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
trans leak VS auto 6

Dr Bob , i park my vs v6 on a slightly sloping driveway.
It often leaks bucket loads of transmission fluid overnight. Why is it so ? it's not coming through the pan gasket , looks more like the harness connector or something near it. When its parked on a flat place it doesn't happen...

It is also starting to make sucking / gurgling noises when i starts up and sometimes going round corners. ( Yes , even when the dipstick says full )

ThaWhiteChild

Reaction score
hey.. ive got a 99 calais.. with a eurovox staker in the boot.. i want to wire an ipod somehow through this and install a switch into the dash so i dont lose my staker n i can swap from one to the other.. does anyone know how u.. my mate has some understanding so just give us some pointers n i can get it done.. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.