Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask the petrol company dude

Insane_Metal_Man_666

METAL UP THE ARSE !!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
HAS A BLACK VZ SV6 NOW !!!
Hey,

Yeah I reckon the fuel prices are bloody rigged people...

The Fuel company charging consumers 10c more then what really needs to be.

It is somewhat kind of routed really, I guess i wouldnt be the only one who thinks this way at all.

brownie82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute SIDI M6 Karma Blue
what gets me is the fact that petrol prices go up real quick but are very slow coming down

Yeah when the price goes down they say they have to sell it for what they bought it at (hight price), but when the price goes up they dont sell it at the cheap price what the bought it at when it was low.:shooting:

R-Tards!!:bang:

Cheer,
Brownie

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
Of course it is rigged. But it is way bigger than Australia. OPEC pull all the strings. If supply outweighs demand then prices will drop. So opec cut production to such a level whereas supply only barely meets demand. Then prices rise again. That's how they influence the prices.

There is a down side to low petrol prices though because the big oil companies will be less motivated to spend $$$ on exploration drilling. No offence PaRaDoX616, but I think most of what you have to say on the subject is company propaganda.

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 II Commodore - Chlorophyll
How many litres of fuel on average does Australia use per day? :D

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
i saw something today in adelaide which may bring a smile to your faces 99.9 cents per litre petrol.

edgeyvn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive V8
Hi guys,
New to the forum but long time commodore fanatic ( have owned 12).
I run an independent service station north of the central coast in country NSW. Let me tell you all now that the only people making the money from fuel are the big companies. I only make 4 cents per litre on average and after staffing, maintenance and running costs are taken out I'm lucky to pull in 2 cents a litre.
As said previously there are only a couple of major fuel suppliers. Without a competitive market these companies have free rein to charge what they like and they do. What am I supposed to do when the Caltex down the road sells his fuel for $110.9 yet I can only buy it direct from Caltex refinery for $111.9- sell for loss, I think not. People come in screaming and yelling about fuel but at the end of the day they won't leave their car at home and walk.
One reason why fuel retailers don't drop bowser price straight away is because the've purchased say, 35,000ltrs (minimum caltex order to be paid pre-purchase) at a fixed price and can't afford to drop prices when the barrel price drops. Independents can't afford to run at a loss which is why in about ten years you'll only be able to buy fuel from a Major retailer.
The disgraceful events of the past weeks with regards to the ACCC petrol price enquiry, and the subsequent drop of ten cents a litre only highlights the greed and contempt of the fuel companies. Not only have they ripped off the consumer but the independent retailers as well.
Not Happy
Andrew

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
Hey, i work for a large petrol company's head office, anyone have any questions/queries i might beable to help with?? my speciality is pricing

how can you sleep at night?

pendulum

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore (50th An.), Holden Cruze CDX Diesel
i saw something today in adelaide which may bring a smile to your faces 99.9 cents per litre petrol.

No smile on my face from that :(

I live in Tamworth (NSW) which is more of a regional hub than country town and am currently paying... what... 127.3c/l as of yesterday :( I hate you all :( :p

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
i got petrol yesterday for 87.9 c

with a woolies voucher:p

pendulum

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore (50th An.), Holden Cruze CDX Diesel
i got petrol yesterday for 87.9 c

with a woolies voucher:p

:ranting: You all suck lol :p hope it drops back down here soon, I'd like to do more cruising in the VH, but it uses too much petrol :( :p