Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Australian Motoring Enthusiasts Party

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Some things I have picked up on via their Grunt Files FB page.....
- Use of the word 'Hoon' is discriminatory, and as such want protection from anti-hoon stories by way of HREOC intervention. (is a federal issue but is also nonsense)

I would have thought they were covered anyway, I mean, if they responsibly modify and drive vehicles there is no need for the word hoon against them?

-Car enthusiasm acknowledged as a Human Right (The arguments surrounding this were the most hilarious)

Ahh what? Let's take that to the UN to add to the UNHRC lol...

-Cops to not harrass modified car owners (plausible, but a state issue, and issue doesn't have widespread public acknowledgement)

As someone who has owned modified vehicles I am not sure what they want stopped. If they stopped loitering in public car parks and generally being tools wouldn't the harassment stop? Maybe some JC members can let us know how much hassle they get at their port melbourne meets? Most of the meets you see them harrassed at are events where there is quite a few pretty wildly modified vehicles. If these vehicles were modified within the laws would they be harrassed? Maybe but if it is all legal it would not be an issue, perhaps some car owners need to look at the company they keep?

-take away some police powers with respect to hoon laws (i.e. instant confiscation, onus of proof etc - plausible, but again is a state issue)

I am in 2 minds about this, in clear cut cases I find the instant confiscation rules great, what better punishment then to lose the tools causing people to be tools? I am yet to see any cases except stories of friends of friends having cars confiscated for accidental things.

- a 'balance' between environmental concerns and personal freedom (looking at actual arguments posed suggest removing many restrictions related to modified vehicle noise/emissions)

Eh, EPA rules are in place for everyone, I can't mow lawns at a certain time, listen to music etc for the livelihood of our neighbours, I think the noise laws for vehicles etc now are just fine.

I had this discussion with Jecs yesterday, do the right thing, you MAY get picked up, but if you have done the right thing it is easy to clear. While it may be a pain, if you have evidence such as engineers certs etc it is no different to fronting court with evidence to clear charges.

While I enjoy modified vehicles as much as others, I like to know that vehicles are safe, that said, I still wish Police would do more blitz's on motorists as a whole, so many unsafe cars out there both modified and not modified. It seems this party is not interested in road safety but protection from modifications that breach laws.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
It's a two way street. Unfortunately its more wide spread than just motorist and cyclists. People in general care about nothing but themselves in this day.

I hear you there...while I may seem a selfish prick on here, I do genuinely care about others and do my utmost to make sure my choices do not directly affect the lives of others.

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
While I enjoy modified vehicles as much as others, I like to know that vehicles are safe, that said, I still wish Police would do more blitz's on motorists as a whole, so many unsafe cars out there both modified and not modified. It seems this party is not interested in road safety but protection from modifications that breach laws.

This is what they are trying to wake police and the transport department up to. The majority of unsafe vehicles are your every day non modified vehicles. There was a RAC study done a while ago that found approx 75% of standard vehicles had some sort of defect. However a modified vehicle is a much easier target and more likely guaranteed to result in revenue. I'm all for modification laws but they need to be black and white laws and more police education is needed when it comes to mods as well. Its fairly common to have one officer say one thing and another say something completely different. Same applies to transport departments.

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
This is what they are trying to wake police and the transport department up to. The majority of unsafe vehicles are your every day non modified vehicles. There was a RAC study done a while ago that found approx 75% of standard vehicles had some sort of defect. However a modified vehicle is a much easier target and more likely guaranteed to result in revenue. I'm all for modification laws but they need to be black and white laws and more police education is needed when it comes to mods as well. Its fairly common to have one officer say one thing and another say something completely different. Same applies to transport departments.

People just complain too much. Simple as that.

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
People just complain too much. Simple as that.

True, but then there are those who complain and those that get out there to try and change it.

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
True, but then there are those who complain and those that get out there to try and change it.

I don't see the difference with the AMEP.

I'm not the brightest star out there, but what the hell is this dribble?

"We support the notion that society will be more respectful and dynamic if individuals and businesses assume personal responsibility of their lives and role in society; removing the need for government to waste time on the introduction of nanny-rules to protect ourselves from ourselves."

http://www.australianmotoringenthusiastparty.org.au/minimal_government_interference_policy

Last edited:

Calais-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS, VE Calais-V Series II
The fact that he got elected with very few policies clearly shows the dire state of our politics. It is clear that a portion of society are just not interested with politics anymore and they are willing to vote in order not to elect certain parties as opposed to electing certain parties.

That however, is the state of our disjointed nation.

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
In the early days when it was mostly grunt files doing all the work, yes there was a lot of complaining. But they did eventually learn that all the whining in the world won't get you anywhere hence the formation of the AMEP.

While I may not agree with them jumping in the deep end with very little time I do agree with their polices hence me becoming a member. They are still very young and have much to learn but I think with time they will grow into something motoring enthusiasts will be proud of. First step being either kicking out Ricky Muir or doing some serious PR polishing on him and his missus.

"We support the notion that society will be more respectful and dynamic if individuals and businesses assume personal responsibility of their lives and role in society; removing the need for government to waste time on the introduction of nanny-rules to protect ourselves from ourselves."

I would say one of the rushed policies to prove that they weren't just about cars. I can kind of understand some of it (parental discipline comes to mind with nanny laws)but it is of course a much broader subject. That policy needs some serious polishing >.<

Rhin0o8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais Impounded?
As someone who has owned modified vehicles I am not sure what they want stopped. If they stopped loitering in public car parks and generally being tools wouldn't the harassment stop? Maybe some JC members can let us know how much hassle they get at their port melbourne meets? Most of the meets you see them harrassed at are events where there is quite a few pretty wildly modified vehicles. If these vehicles were modified within the laws would they be harrassed? Maybe but if it is all legal it would not be an issue, perhaps some car owners need to look at the company they keep?

But McDonalds would go out of business if these people don't loiter their carparks. Lol
Maybe we could help this party and find suitable sponsors ??
I'll start with McDonalds as a sponsor for the above reason .

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST

Minimal Government Interference - Australian Motoring Enthusiast Party

Good heavens, it's not even grammatically correct......

'Nanny state' laws are wide and varied. Certain behaviours clearly do have an impact on others directly (eg. drink driving), and some indirectly (eg. smoking, drug/alcohol abuse, morbid obesity, welfare reliance). You can write a book of arguments about such laws, for and against. Greens, ALP and Libs/Nats go into 'nanny state' laws with much depth, be they for and/or against, with policy documents for the entire party running at 50-100 pages.