Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

battery light with brand new battery

andyli

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn executives
just get a new reg for the alternator. About 25 bucks I paid. lol ECU, what a n00b. I never buy from supercheap, rip off dumb a$$es imo.

is that a regultor? where did you get yours. my bttery light went out today after I droveit for 20 km. if the alternator is gone, should it be on all the time thanks.:lock:

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS
if you are still having probs get a test light and check for power on the main power cable at the alternator. then unplug the reg and test the 2 pins in the plug, one should have a constant power and the other one when probed should bring up the battery light on your dash. if you have got all these then there is something wrong with the alternator. cheapest option would be to try a new regulator which might fix it, if that doesnt work your other options would be either get a used alternator from a wrecker but thats prob not the best idea, or you can either get an exchange alternator from an auto electrician or get a brand new one.

kym192

kym j
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH sl, VT berlina, VN berlina, VH SL\E
i had the same problem with mine just get a different altinator and just swap it over, i had the same problem not that long ago 4 batterys 3 altinators later its working fine then all my other problems started lol, if ya going to dump the car at lest get insurance first and torch it lol

PRAVX II S

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
Check the voltage at the battery when the battery light comes on. You should be getting between 13-14v
If not then get you alternator changed its not always the REG when the alternator goes
it could be the rectifier as well. So get i new one or reconditioned one.

andyli

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn executives
Check the voltage at the battery when the battery light comes on. You should be getting between 13-14v
If not then get you alternator changed its not always the REG when the alternator goes
it could be the rectifier as well. So get i new one or reconditioned one.

hi, guys, thanks. just want to ask how long can the battery last without a alternator. the century one last me for 10 day, it still starts before I returned it. also why some times the light went out. does that mean it charge sometime?

andyli

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn executives
any one? if just few hours, I need to dump the car before it stop in the traffic. thanks.

rusty91

dopespec
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs 5spd
mate step one dont listen to anything supercheap got to say.. all they kno is what they read of the packet. second its ur alternator.. also chek the power cable leaving ur alternator going to ur battery.. sumtimes they can burn out, cuasing a voltage drop.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Just get a new regulator for the alternator 95% thats the problem, they wear out like anything and need replacing once in a while

andyli

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn executives
Just get a new regulator for the alternator 95% thats the problem, they wear out like anything and need replacing once in a while

thanks, I will get one today.