Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Beached Az VS ute LS1 T56

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
im starting a trend of not using them. haha no ive been too lazy to go get some standard wheel nuts so that the centre caps will fit on. i need another set of doritos for my trailer if you know of any for sale?

Nah they are even more rare now , should have never sold mine lol.

Haydz

Fasten your seatbelts
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE LS1 T56
thanks guys. im coming to a point where im sick of things breaking all the time and not getting an engine to run correctly so after the 408 had a vibration issue i pulled it apart and it seems two of the pistons had damage to the lower skirts and it was slightly out of balance. and the bearings were pretty average.

so a new set of pistons, rings and bearings, balanced it all up. but engine is all back together now. dont have many pictures. but while the engine was out i also found another problem. my exhaust flex had blown out from the inside out... so thats currently at the shop getting a flexible piece with a metal inner sleeve so it cant blow out again. and once that is done the exhaust from engine to half way down the front guard is going to the ceramic coaters for 2 coats of black to try and eliminate some of the overheating problems i was having with the bigger engine. ill post up some pics and try keep this updated with how things go.

The exhuast flex that shat itself

the average bearings

i modified the rocker covers to take 2 big breathers.

sump going back on.

painting the block

Haydz

Fasten your seatbelts
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE LS1 T56
before the heads went on

heads on

the sump ready to go back on

took the chance with the engine out to tidy up the paint in the engine bay. repainted the passenger side guard and rail. and the drivers side rail where some brake fluid leaked and ruined the paint

Haydz

Fasten your seatbelts
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE LS1 T56
getting very close to going back in now.

i picked up some heat socks to go over the spark plug boots. after 4 of the old boots already had cracks in them.

picked up the exhaust from ceramic coating. and fitted that.

had the clutch rebuilt. put that on and then had to take the engine from the front shed to the back carport ready for fitting. so it went onto the old hr and i had to take a picture.

i then wired it up. installed the gearbox and tomorrow is install day :)

Cava454

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VZ SS
Hey man regarding the cooling issue on the other thread.

Just get a stock rad re done into a 4 core rather then spending big on a pwr