Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Best BFYB Commodore

BFYB Commodore

• VB

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • VC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • VH

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • VK

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • VL

Votes: 12 10.6%
  • VN

Votes: 29 25.7%
  • VP

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • VR

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • VS

Votes: 16 14.2%
  • VT

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • VX

Votes: 11 9.7%
  • VY

Votes: 7 6.2%
  • VZ

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • VE

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • Other (Please specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kalais6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais Turbo
and you're mentioning a turbo engine because...???

I go for probly the early buicks, VN-VR if well looked after. series one VN had too much poke for nanna's so they added the bellmouth, and my VR still has enough go to scare passengers

The question was initially asked about n/a V6's or motors in general, and someone mastakingly replied with an L67.

I am talking about the turbo 6 on a completely different subject ie my opinion as to the point of this thread.

Perhaps you should have read what had been posted above hey...???

fuel_within

Chief Executive
Reaction score
Members Ride
CUSTOM VS
I reckon the VB 4-cylinder...

Just thought i'd add for a bit of a laugh

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
reading the list of highest HP for each engine on the other commodore forum and I see quite a few n/a buick engines up around 180rwkw, and the highest n/a rb30 is around 135rwkw. interesting

qwertsta

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina
Hmmm interesting since it's only a 3.0 straight six dont you think? http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=102031

Not many people are going to build a rb30e up when for the same price what they spend doing a n/a motor up they could make it a rb30et putting out twice the power.

GLD-086

Reaction score
Hmmm interesting since it's only a 3.0 straight six dont you think? http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=102031

Not many people are going to build a rb30e up when for the same price what they spend doing a n/a motor up they could make it a rb30et putting out twice the power.

Exactly.

Most people only pay out the N/A VLs, because they get swallowed by the turbos.:yeah:

Gotta ease their mind, knowing that their 3.8L V6 can beat a N/A 3.0L I6, with less power and torque. Whatever helps them sleep at night, I suppose.:)

I actually haven't said what I think the best BFYB Commodore is yet. lol

I voted for the VLTs, but for V8s, it's definitely anything with an LS1.:D

spice weasel (BAM)

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
We are talking stocky for stocky, not modified for modified, so you guys know yours don't stand up so you go straight for the forced induction. N/A compared to N/A your vl's will lose, if we want to talk modified, there will always be something quicker. The vlt is far from the top of my list for modified cars. I just laugh at people who think your 6cyl's are full of power, i know mines a family six, when you vl guys realise the same it will be a glorius day for all.

GLD-086

Reaction score
. I just laugh at people who think your 6cyl's are full of power, i know mines a family six, when you vl guys realise the same it will be a glorius day for all.

I'm pretty sure myself, and qwersta have already stated that N/A VLs are slow.:rolleyes:

I don't think my VL is full of power at all. It goes great for a standard 3.0L, but in the real world, no chance in hell.

Meh this is becoming the new Holden vs Ford, or Import vs Muscle debate. We like our RB30s, you guys like your V6s. I don't think it'll ever change.

Like I said before, I wouldn't touch a VN V6, with a 50 foot pole, no matter how fast they are. I hate the look of them, and most VNs I see around are rattly, sh*t sounding, rough as guts heaps of sh*t. Faster then my VL? I don't deny it, but I still don't like them.

Last edited:

SICK SS

7L 427ci BABY
Reaction score
Members Ride
427 ci vu ss a4 ve ssv a6
y is every one saying the vns are best cheap preforming cars the question was about mods not about how cheap the cars are any gen3 equiped cars would have to be the best bang for ya buck.2500 dollars to pick up around 50rwkw give or take 5 rwkw and thats just full exhaurst extractors and a tune i havent seen any pre vt modle do that. And now theres the l98 wich is doing wot the gen3 done to the 5l to the gen3 if you pick up wot im puting down mods are a fare bit dearer then the gen3 but prices will come down preformance shops hav been seeing 280rwkw out of the l98 with just bolt ons and a tune

qwertsta

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina
y is every one saying the vns are best cheap preforming cars the question was about mods not about how cheap the cars are

Everyone is biased on what they own, a lot of people think that VN's are power house's with they're cannon's and crappy bodykit's.

fu2

The Man With No Name
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina II - GU Patrol CRD
ohhh dear this has become a vl vn bitch fight.....

im not getting involved.....:p

but in my opinion
VN for v6 - $1000 and still goes pretty hard for a old 6
VX for v8 - Gen 3 plus the lightest 3 gen commodore