Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Best driving road in australia

Fonzie

Just lost the game.
Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Wait, scratch that, I did find a pretty awesome road a few months back... On Phillip island, in the Summerlands. The location is nuts, On the cliffs directly over the southern ocean. But the driving is sh'ouse - It's gravel.

Google Maps Link.

The following pictures were taken on that road... Not as in 100m off the road, As in i was standing in the middle of the road to take the pics.

Wishing I had a DSLR and a decent lightning storm over the ocean when I was there.

benno9911

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY S2 Exec
well i crossed the nullarbor (in a vy calais) and that is the best road ever once you hit the the 90 Mile Straight you can just open it up

vxcustom

VXXX
Reaction score
Members Ride
vx v6 executive
Any road in Tassie would just about answer your question though four that really spring to mind are the cethana targa state, the drive from scottsdale down to bicheno, north motton to gunns plains then through to penguin and hellyer gorge on the way to strahan ( I grew up in tassie where the grass is cheap the cops are reasonable and the beer is real). There are some great roads allover victoria including the drive through the grampians (small hint start at dunkeld and go up I found it way more fun than coming the other way)

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
I think we have a road in SA somewhere that dosent have road works and a 40k limit...... when i find that road its going to be a great drive.

Fonzie

Just lost the game.
Reaction score
Members Ride
-
I think we have a road in SA somewhere that dosent have road works and a 40k limit...... when i find that road its going to be a great drive.

Pics or it didn't happen.

EDIT: Who am I kidding, of course it didn't happen.

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
nah not yet.... keepin my eyes peeled lol.

v6lux

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1 (was VR) V6 Hilux
For Sydney people wanting a 3/4 day outing, what about the Putty Rd. Head north out of Windsor to Singleton.

Great for bits of straight line speed, hair raising S bends and death defying Hair-Pins, finish of the day with a cruise back to Sydney via the New England or Pacific Hwy

Mix 6000

"Balck" VE Maloo R8
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo R8
Hey, what about Mt Panorama at Bathurst....that is still one awesome drive anytime of the year...cheers.:)...

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
I LOVED the Pacific Hwy when I drove to Newcastle a few years ago. Just comming out of I think Hornsby it turns into a real nice windy forest run.

I do that run every no n then, heading north or south is awesome. position the car in the perfect line & you'll slingshot through it.

Hey, what about Mt Panorama at Bathurst....that is still one awesome drive anytime of the year...cheers.:)...

Isnt there a speed camera somewhere on the track?