Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Best H7 globes for VE headlights ?

BehaveSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 HSV E3 Tourer
Just replaced my Calais low beams to Philips XtremeVision+100%. Yes new beam is heaps brighter now, but that's not hard to achieve if you have a look at the bulbs I took out of the car.

Apologies for the poor phone camera quality. Basically both glass bulbs was completely smoked up, and the glass clearly couldn't stand up to the heat, it was an Osram bulb that came with the car as I bought it 2nd hand.https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8MRGYyjq5a-am91dkhfOTdFbFE/edit?usp=sharing

Vudu VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE Clubsport R8 317KW
Just replaced my Calais low beams to Philips XtremeVision+100%. Yes new beam is heaps brighter now, but that's not hard to achieve if you have a look at the bulbs I took out of the car.

Apologies for the poor phone camera quality. Basically both glass bulbs was completely smoked up, and the glass clearly couldn't stand up to the heat, it was an Osram bulb that came with the car as I bought it 2nd hand.https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8MRGYyjq5a-am91dkhfOTdFbFE/edit?usp=sharing

That's exactly what I found when I pulled them out of the Clubby I bought.
Coincidence or common problem ?
As I'd assume this would be a gradual degradation of the bulbs and over time probably wouldn't be noticed day to day, how many others might like to check their globes and maybe find it worth while getting new ones ;)

Here is what I posted about them back in October 2012
E1 Low beam bulbs issue

Cheers :)

Muke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 MY08
Have to agree with BehaveSS and Vudu VE. Just replaced my bulbs with the Philips Extreme +100 last week. They're awesome compared to the Osrams. They were pretty much useless due to similar problems you guys are talking about (didn't have that bubble and weren't quite as bad, guess they were headed to that extent though). Sounds like it could be a fairly common problem. Not sure what the high beams are, but they're Philips as well. At times they're almost too bright (or are roadsigns too reflective these days).

Shorty33

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega sedan 3.0 2010
I've had my 2010 Omega for 2.5 years. In that time, I've blown three headlamp bulbs (can't remember how man highs and how many lows), and three number-plate bulbs.

When I lost the first headlamp, I trawled JC. There are heaps of threads on this topic. All the previous threads reached the same conclusions as this one -
some after-market bulbs are better than what Holden supply.
But, it is possible to spend a lot of money without much improvement.
People who bought Narva consistently express disappointment.
People who bought Phillips are consistently happy with the value-for-money.
People who bought Osram ... well, some are happy, others aren't.
Specific to the VE: the H7 & H9 combination is no improvement over the bulbs used on earlier Commodores.

rx2_freak

Smokes, let's go.
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Z SERIES SPORTWAGON
Does anyone know what type of foglight globes are in a series 2?