Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Best H7 globes for VE headlights ?

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
i got an ebay set and was as good my ezihid 35w 6000k in my last car but my ebay hid are 5000k (which are not as blue) and 4000 Lumens for $45. i'm doing a 120km daily drive for work 6 days a week is dark in the morning and coming home. i sweer by them for the price
They're not 4,000 lumen. A 35W high quality 4,300K Philips globe is 3,200 lumen... Any change in temperature or brand will just result in less lumens.

Impulse SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 M6
I plan on fitting H9 55w 4300K HID's to the high beam & H7 35w 4300K HID's to the fog lights in my Series 1 VE SV6 and leave the low beam standard halogen as this avoids attracting attention from the fuzz and HID light scatter from the low beam due to having reflector lenses which is annoying to oncomming traffic.

I had a full HID bi-xenon High/Low + High beam conversion on my VT i recently sold and even though i lowered the low beam focus on several occasions it got to a point that it was pointless having them.

Oncomming traffic still used to flash me sometimes and i know i dont appreciate it when other cars comming towards me have low beam HID's that are incorrectly focused or being used in reflector headlamps either.

This way you have the best of both worlds, Super bright on high beam whilst still being user friendly to other people on the road around town and when passing on the open road.

I travel 150kms return daily for work leaving in the dark with the odd kangaroo to be weary of so ultra bright high beam is a must and to be honest i am a little dissapointed in the VE's standard headlights.

They guy i car pool with has a VZ wagon with standard halogen headlights and they are miles better than the VE, holden definately went backwards with the VE's headlight quality. Well the series 1 anyway, i am not sure if the series 2 is any better.

The H7 rallye+65 (Osram only):65w @ 2100 lumens @ 500 hours, do seem the obvious choice for low beam as far as lumen output and durability so i might throw a set of them in to help things on low beam.

Just remember that having non OEM HID's fitted could have serious insurance implications but for my situation i think its worth the risk so long as you take the time to make sure they are set up correctly

HoldenOnn

Roll Cage Territory
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais Series 2 HBD V6 Sedan 2004
I will be upgrading my parents VE Berlina to the H7 65w Osram bulb. Takes the original H7 output of 1400 lumens, and gives the Osram H7 65w output of 2100 lumens with same lifespan. In staying with these bulbs and not going HID, it will give more light and will keep the existing light beam pattern spread, unlike what a set of HIDs would do in a reflector housing.

These are also completely safe for the plastic lenses as the minimal increase in heat and output isn't enough to worry the plastic lenses or the wiring or the car.

Link is below FYI :)

Osram Rallye 65w Ultra High Output H7 Special-Service Bulb

chad1989

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve series 2 ute manual
i got the philips extreme vision +100% (it came with 2 free parkers)
they are so much better than the stock globe and you will notice the difference straight away.
only bad thing is that they are $80 at autobarn

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Bahaha, Osram don't know lol. Don't know about that. All i can say is the original globe that blew in my light was an Osram of some sort. I ended up buying a pair of Narva Plus 50's from Supercheap for 50 something bucks. So far i've only put 1 in so i've got 1 standard globe and 1 of the Narvas. When the car faces against a brick wall in the dark its plainly obvious that the Narva is a lot brighter.
Does the SS have the same globes as the berlina ? Come try out my spare one if ya want before i put it in. Its actally off putting to drive around with different intensity globes in the headlights. I keep thinking my other globe has blown because its so much dimmer.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
I really wouldn't want to be running globes with a higher wattage that standard.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I'm not, the +50's are standard wattage. The Osram Rallye on the other hand aren't.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Bahaha, Osram don't know lol. Don't know about that. All i can say is the original globe that blew in my light was an Osram of some sort. I ended up buying a pair of Narva Plus 50's from Supercheap for 50 something bucks. So far i've only put 1 in so i've got 1 standard globe and 1 of the Narvas. When the car faces against a brick wall in the dark its plainly obvious that the Narva is a lot brighter.
Does the SS have the same globes as the berlina ? Come try out my spare one if ya want before i put it in. Its actally off putting to drive around with different intensity globes in the headlights. I keep thinking my other globe has blown because its so much dimmer.

That was pretty much my response too!

I don't need them yet, I was just curious - haven't seen them around here. Sent osram an email just out of interest.