Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

best vr/vs bodykit?

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
for me, no bodykit is the best bodykit! standard, lowered with some nice rims just look hawt!
if i had to choose a kit, i would 'kit' it to a S2 calais!

the attached image has been my inspiration for many years! cant remember where i got the pic from.

Attachments

• vs-gts-wheels-dumped2.jpg
    vs-gts-wheels-dumped2.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 4,726

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
99' Series 3 VS S-Pac Ute.
for me, no bodykit is the best bodykit! standard, lowered with some nice rims just look hawt!
if i had to choose a kit, i would 'kit' it to a S2 calais!

the attached image has been my inspiration for many years! cant remember where i got the pic from.
also agreed, that car looks better then all the above cars that have been posted.
still, nothing wrong with an ss kit....

klampy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mazda E2000 V6 convert
I think the VY kits look sweet but i've seen too many that look dodgy. Really not keen on VT or VX kits on VS. Hard to go past full VS HSV look or SS with HSV rear wing, and maybe a HSV grill. My bodykit I have (but yet to put on the car) consists of
-Full VS II calais front bar
-SS lip
-VS manta grill
-VS HSV style side skirts with GTO vents
-HSV Senator rear bar
-VS GTS-R style rear wing

just picturing that in my mind gives me a headache.. i can agree with everything except the last two..

phat_com

VR IS A BEAST WITH NEW V6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR s2 Acclaim/VK IS GONE :(
I really like that custom front VZ/VS combo, thats my sort of thing right there :D Flame me all you like but i like that :D 2 thumbs up man.

So far it looks like every1 agree's with me, S/SS kit or clubby kit. I do agree with the vy/vz kits tho, they look wierd and to "forced" on there.
I really like the look or the SS lips with the S boot lip :D if i can find them i'll be fitting that or a clubby kit with S lip :) plus prob a vn grpA bonnet cowl or a monaro bonnet.

Wat do you guys think of walkinshaw bonnet scoops???

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
SS front lip & rear spoiler with no side or rear skirts.

shanhsv

Luvo
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais V6 & VSII Senator 215i
just picturing that in my mind gives me a headache.. i can agree with everything except the last two..

I think it'll look mean,but most importantly different (only i could think it looks good). I was going full SS kit,then SS/calais front with HSV sides/rear,now its just that with a GTS-R wing instead of the senator wing. Now i have the SS and Senator wings to get rid of when i get to it,that and a heap of other VS stuff,ohh joy

klampy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mazda E2000 V6 convert
I think it'll look mean,but most importantly different (only i could think it looks good). I was going full SS kit,then SS/calais front with HSV sides/rear,now its just that with a GTS-R wing instead of the senator wing. Now i have the SS and Senator wings to get rid of when i get to it,that and a heap of other VS stuff,ohh joy

so does that mean you have the GTSR wing fitted? if not what are your plans for it, could come in handy for my drift car, i may need some downforce...

phat_com

VR IS A BEAST WITH NEW V6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR s2 Acclaim/VK IS GONE :(
interesting! if you have any panels that are straight to replace my bent ones and any seats that are nicer than vr acclaim ones hit me a pm, i would deff be interested :D