Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

big wheels on a vp???????

lilkel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 BT1,VR 5.0l statesman
i've got a vp exec series 1 without IRS and was curious what has to be done to it to get anything bigger than 17'' under it? the car isn't lowered(that i know of) but it scrubbs out badly with 17x235x45's i see vp's everywhere with big wheels so it can obviously be done!! HOW :b: what modifications have to be done!!

Last edited:

VTSSDUDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L Commodore.
If comes to it you may have to get your guards rolled.

Cheers,
Jim :cool:

spacattack

THE ENFORCER!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Custom VN
well i know when im gonna put these VS senator mags on there 17s ill have to roll and flare the gards just for em to fit

ViperVp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
i have a VpII, i dont know if it has IRS or not but i have 17's i dont know the tyre profile but they fit fine with no rubbing.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
ViperVp your car would be live axle. Check the profile on the side wall of the tyre. Will be something like 225/50/17, etc
AIrStrike :air:

ViperVp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
i was in class so i couldn;t check 235/45/17

s0sage

Posting aimlessly ..
Reaction score
Members Ride
MX6 - Turbo .... so flame me
ive got an unlowered vn and i used to work at a beaurepaires store... muahahaha.. ive tried everything from 13" wide welds to mirror finish rice burners! the biggest i ever got under was 19" MonaroGTS wheels. the front wheels went under fine (after removing inner guards) no rubbing at all. but the rears had no chance. the biggest you'll get the rear of a vn vp nonirs will be 7.5 18's (speedy wheels have a small range) with REAL low profile tyres. but generally unless you NEVER have passengers in the back. :D dont put 18s on.

lilkel

Reaction score
Members Ride
i've since discovered that my VP has got FE2 as it's a BT1!! would this have anything to do with it scrubbing out????? :hit:

s0sage

Posting aimlessly ..
Reaction score
Members Ride
MX6 - Turbo .... so flame me
no mate, not really. my vn's a bt1 aswell ... any decent workshop will roll ya guards out for ya if ya serious about getting some big buggers in there..

important note:
the bigger your rims are, the longer it takes for them to roll over (bigger diameter duh) so only put em on for show.. 19's for show, 15's for go!

lilkel

Reaction score
Members Ride
this is probably a really stupid question but i've got an excuse i'm female!! when you say take it to a work shop do you mean a panel beater workshop??? and does anyone have any idea how mauch i'd be looking at to get the gaurds rolled????? :confused: