Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

big wheels on a vp???????

C

craigillz

roll ur guards urself just snip it with metal snipers n cut sections n then hit it up with a hammer till their rollled upwards did it the other day took an hour to do both sides b4 i went down the gong :D

lilkel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 BT1,VR 5.0l statesman
thank for the advice everyone!!! it's booked in the panel beaters tommorrow $60 a side BUT the guy told me that there isn't anywhere in sydney that will roll them and guarantee that the paint won't crack around it so 'ill be crossing my fingers while there getting done!!!!! :wave: ;)

W

webbo1

hi

i have got a vp berlina and as you have noticed there is a little lip under the arch. i put a set of vr clubsport wheels on and i they were 17 * 8 now if you get wheels that are 17 * 7 they will fit but i went down to my mate who is a panel beater and he rolled my guard because 8 inch is too big you will hear rubbing.

all he did was got a little hammer held is hand on the outside of the guard and tapped the lip up. that was it. i paid them 20 bucks and it's been fine ever since.

good luck

lilkel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 BT1,VR 5.0l statesman
i was lucky it didn't crack the paint and it doesn't scrubb anymore!! well worth the $120 i wish i had've gotten off my arse months ago and done it!!!!

MoSkA

Steriotypical Wog
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 Subaru WRX
s0sage said:
no mate, not really. my vn's a bt1 aswell ... any decent workshop will roll ya guards out for ya if ya serious about getting some big buggers in there..

important note:
the bigger your rims are, the longer it takes for them to roll over (bigger diameter duh) so only put em on for show.. 19's for show, 15's for go!

I don't get it...

Bigger rims have lower profile tyres.

Smaller rims have much higher profile tyres.

I think by Victorian Roadworthyness Guidelines you're wheel and tyre can't be more than 15mm smaller or larger in diameter than factory.

So if the distance around the 19's and the 15's is the same due to tyre profile, they should rotate equally? Should they not?

Not having a go, I'm just confused. :confused:

**EDIT**

While i'm thinking of it, would a wheel with a higher offset help?